Bootlegs

burnsy

Sith Lord
Got this lot through from a guy in Mexico today.

See what you think....

EBaystarwars022.jpg

EBaystarwars023.jpg

EBaystarwars024.jpg

OK, they're not vintage SW bootlegs, but Leia is freaky and I love em!!

EBaystarwars021.jpg

And my favourites....

EBaystarwars018.jpg

EBaystarwars019.jpg

burnsy

Sith Lord
They probably did mate, in some dingy warehouse in Mecico just being paid with the privelage
of handling toys :lol:

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Wow those Motu figures are awesome. Only why is He-man wearing lipstick?

Lol, would like to see if there is a bootleg Orko to..

Nice find Stu.

Bollux

Grand Master
those are outstanding, really ****!

like you said mate the man-at-arms is a mess, is his arm hanging off?

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Heres a couple i got from Poland ...

2-polishfigs.jpg

Im in the process of restoring/resizing etc an old cardback for them :)

Heres where im at so far with the remake but its still nowhere near right ...

2-cobra_polish_small.jpg

I only had a very small jpg to go by and blowing it up brings new problems.

Adam_Burges

Padawan
If you are going to be particular those figures don't belong on that cardback, the cardback you are photoshopping belongs to first generation articulated figures.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Adam_Burges said:
If you are going to be particular those figures don't belong on that cardback, the cardback you are photoshopping belongs to first generation articulated figures.

I was going to sat that.

The unarticulated polish figures that you have were sold loose or in a plastic baggie in dime stores and bargain bins in poland. (They didn't come attached to any cardbacks)

The articulated Polish figures came carded and were released in 3 generations

1st Genaration Polish Carded Figure - Released in the mid 80's

Polsih1stGencarded.jpg

2nd Genaration Polish Carded Figure - Released late 80's early 90's

11111.jpg

3rd Genaration Polish Carded Figure - Released approx 1994 / 1995

Polish3rdGencarded.jpg

Its important to note that the unarticulated figures were the bootleg of the bootlegs so to speak they are rubber copies of 1st / 2nd Gen Polish figures that were sold throughout the 90's and were a cheap atternative to the articulated / carded Polish figures.

There was also a the original polish bootlegs set which came in baggies and are rare. They also released a few figures known as the deluxe range again these came in baggies or loose.

Josh

Sith Lord
I love the MOTU figures Burnsy!The Skeletor (looks very funky) and the Stratos ones are my favourite!

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
whiteskinnydroid said:
I had no idea you knew so much about bootlegs Jay :)

I know a bit but as always its down to doing your research and there as some fantastic websites out there.

Funny enough i received a polish unarticulated stormtrooper with cape! from sotam on the RS secret santa 2008 so that prompted me to find out about them. Im more of a production MOC collector but i got to say the 1st gen and 2nd gen polish carded figures look ace and i wouldn't mind owning some in the future (especially a polish stormtrooper MOC).

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Yes i know they dont belong on the card guys i just want a cardback for them so theyre not lying around lol, i also dont have any of the articulated ones, these rubber ones came from a friend in Poland who looks at a site there similar to ebay.

They sure do look nice the cards - reminds me of a soviet type thing , is that one yours?

What year are your new ones from Burnsey?

burnsy

Sith Lord
The top row of vaders are a really hard plastic, where as the second row is softer with removable arms.

I don't know a lot about them mate, but they are based on the 1995 Power Of The Force figure.

Martijn71

Padawan
jaymassive619 said:
Its important to note that the unarticulated figures were the bootleg of the bootlegs so to speak they are rubber copies of 1st / 2nd Gen Polish figures that were sold throughout the 90's and were a cheap atternative to the articulated / carded Polish figures.

Sure about that? :) I always thought the unarticulated where 80's too, just the 3rd gen where 'recent'
The Biker Scout and Tie limbed versions where copied from the articulated gens but there are a lot of original-limbed figures too:

Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia
C-3PO
Darth Vader
Chewbacca
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Han Solo
Tusken Raider
Stormtrooper
AT-AT Commander
Rebel Commando
Barada
IG-88
Zuckuss
Chief Chirpa
Logray
Wicket

Very nice figs Burnsy! Speaking of MOTU what do you think of these:

modeltremmotuskeletor.jpg

:shock: Martijn

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Martijn71 said:
jaymassive619 said:

Sure about that? :) I always thought the unarticulated where 80's too, just the 3rd gen where 'recent'
Martijn

I cant be sure about when they were released but what i do know is they were sold throughout the 1990's. It is possible they were sold in the 80's as well. I personally would say it would be more likely to be the late 80s if thats the case.

A collector friend of mine was in Poland in 1996 when he picked up some unarticulated polish figures as well as some other figures that he originally thought were 2ng gen but turned out to be 3rd gen's so they were definately sold along side each other in the mid 90's.

javifett

Youngling
hello.

they enchant bootlegs to me, I have some in my collection. but I am going to show bootlegs to them that was commercialized in my country. to see that they seem to them?

greetings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom