AFA Loose

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Hi All
It's been a while since I've bought any AFA loose figs. I started to put together a graded set of droids/robots from the trilogy and Iv'e got FX7 21b and the usual suspects until finance put the brakes on my collecting. Recently my brother has been buying Kubricks, and he has taken to my loose graded figs. Went to look on ebay so that I could get one for his birthday and I couldn't believe how much they have gone up in value :shock:
Most are U grades, which only in my opinion has liquidated lots of affordable cards and most are over £50. Don't think the 'credit crunch' :roll: has hit this market yet :)
take a look...........
http://shop.ebay.co.uk:80/items/__AFA-loose_W0QQ_kwZAFAQQ_kwZlooseQQ_armZ1QQ_armiZAFAQ20gradedQ20looseQ20bikerscoutQQ_armmZ104QQ_ckwZbikerscoutQQ_ruuZhttpQ3aQ2fQ2fshopQ2eebayQ2ecoQ2eukQ2fitemsQ2fQ5fQ5fAFAQ2dgradedQ2dlooseQ2dbikerscoutQ5fW0Q51Q51Q5farrQ5A1Q51Q51Q5ftrksidQ5Am38QQ_trksidZm38#

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Ron said:
There is no real bargins on ebay no more it is all buy it now. Or submit best offer

I totally agree with Ron many Buy It Nows are still way over priced by the sellers and there is ton's of them now especially in the vintage carded section only a very small percentage of these actually sell many just go round and round. Auctions will give you a better understanding of current price declines. The problem is there is less and less of them as sellers don't want to end up with a heavy loss on an item.

Ron

Sith Lord
Your right jay. Most people have everything overpriced. Hoping some 1 goinng to buy it. They end up relisting things time and time again. I know people dont want to take a loss

SNAGGLE

Padawan
so normally do you just watch the items being relisted til it gets to a realistic price Ron? If so I guess it's a case of first to pounce.

Ron

Sith Lord
I used to have close to about 100 things on watch on ebay. Now its only about 10-20. Am always watching to see what bits go for. There is a lot off stuff that keeps on getting relisted. I got a coupe off thing on my watch list that must off been on ebay now for well over a year

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
What you've also got to remember is the pound is virtually worthless against the US dollar at the moment so it is more expensive than ever to send items to AFA for grading.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That is true Craig, but I think fewer and fewer sellers are using Ebay because of their stupid pricing policy. It's getting harder and harder to make a profit, or even get a half way decent return cos Ebay and PP just take so much!

plantman

Sith Lord
I totally agree, i often overprice and leave it available with 'best offer' i just dont want to make a loss, i used to enjoy watching an auction go through but after some shocking sales (bargains for those who bought them) i tend to leave it to best offer.

You see more and more people using ebay to advertise their stuff, then it dissapears off ebay because they have agreed the sale outside of ebay...it happens all the time.

i wish i had joined here earlier...it will save me time and money and i can probably get a swap deal ect.

Andy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom