Items i wished i had bought or Kept

20backdPb

Jedi Knight
As the title says
Are there items you wished you had bought but at the time you thought no, but later on thought i really wished i bought that.
The other part of my question is are there items you have owned but have sold and have regretted it later.

I will start with i bought a Palitoy 12bk Death Squad commander for £300.00 instead of buying a Palitoy 12bk Chewbacca for £450.00.
and i also turned down the chance of buying a 30 bk Palitoy C3PO, because i wanted a 12bk. Big Mistake.
I didnt sell these items but what is worst was i swapped my collection of the first 11 ( did not have a Princess Leia ) including a Vinyl cape Jawa loose figures for a crappy games console. Another big mistake.

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
I used to go to the isle of man every year for family holidays. Last time I went in 1990. I bought a visionnarie figure in a toyshop, instead of buying loads of reduced star wars toys!! I can remember it now, loads of carded figures, dolls, playsets etc. They could not get rid of them! O well!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I still have all my SW stuff from when I was a kid. I wish I'd kept them all MOC and in a box in the attic............does that count? :lol:

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
I remeber when I was younger selling my entire collection loads of ships included (that was all pretty beat up in fairness) plus a table football for the princely sum of £20. DOH!!!!!!! 20 notes seemed a lot when I was 14 years of age.

On a more serious collecting note I let a Palitoy 30 back Imp.Commander go last year that I wish I had never sold.

Grant

Sith Lord
I have just recently sold of the last of my carded figures and now im starting to regret it hopefully it will pass. buyers or sellers remorse can be a horrible pill to swallow.

Grant. :(

poncho

Grand Master
i wish i hadnt traded my imperial gunner for a bag of marbles when i was kid in junior school!

i wish i bought a box of more than 10 vintage boba fetts for 5 quid at a table top sale in the mid 90s!

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Swapping my childhood figures for an old school BMX about 15 years ago.

The guy I did the swap with regrets it the other way too but there's no going back as I snapped the bike, and he still has my figures.

browny

Jedi Master
In jan this year I swapped my afa 80 pre rub sign jazz for 3 gi joe figures afa graded 80,quick kick,alpine and big boa,the values were much the same when added up but I regret it so much now because I really loved that transformer figure. :(

Like most people I flogged off my star wars set as a teenager for a couple of notes and regret that too,hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Joe

Grand Master
Lee Gregory said:
James,

Don't want to appear rude but the hell were you thinking opening an offerless ESB 4-Lom??? :shock: :shock:

He was a child lol

aussiejames

Sith Lord
" he was a child" exactly :lol: At least I kept the cardbacks :) I didn't even know it was "special" until I found Lafos' 9 holy grail site about a year and a bit ago :wink: I do remember discussing it on RS and Josh thought I had opened it recently :lol: It is pretty cool how some of the rarer items were available in Aus.

Grant

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
I wish I had never opened my offerless 48 back 4-LOM and 6 of the 8 offerless 20 backs :(

Madness mate. One of the rarest production figures to be found on a MOC. :shock: but you were a kid and thats what they were for when we were kids. :lol:

Grant. 8)

Dom

Jedi Master
I have bought and sold so much of my collection over the years. I still wish I had my complete set of Droids and Ewoks figures, but I did get over a grand for them.

With me its all about the hunting for stuff :twisted:

aussiejames

Sith Lord
SDC10642.jpg

WHY ? :cry: :oops: I also had an ET Kuwahara that I gave away :( & a filthy rich girlfriend at Uni :lol:

shawn_k

Sith Lord
My only wish is that I had more funds back when I started collecting. I remember starting out sellers having $30 POTF Biker Scouts, $20 MISB Jabba Playsets, and lots of other great deals. At the time though I was still a young teenager and didn't have much income, so I started with loose figures and the baggies that Joe ripped me a good one on. :lol:

There is one time I really wish I would have had the money to buy a lot. My dad and I went to a local collectible shop back in probably '95-'96 time frame and I was hoping to pick up an R5-D4 figure for my loose collection. I asked the dealer if he had any and he replied that he did not. Then a guy at the counter next to me opens up a Vader case and holds one up to me. It was a nice minty figure and I believe it was never played with. He told me $3 for it and I gladly agreed. He also had a ton of minty white stormtroopers, so I asked him about one of those and he gave me the same price and found the gun for it in the case for me. The store owner by this time was really started to get upset, so I left it at that and left. At the time that was probably my budget right there. :lol: I wish I could have bought the entire lot off him as that full vader case had some of the nicest looking figures I have seen. That stormtrooper is still in my collection and is as white as can be.

The other is obviously the POTF coins. I have always wanted a set ever since I started collecting. I just wish I would have started before the big boom when all the prices went through the roof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom