hello there

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Haven't been around in the world of sw much recently.

I've exchanged on the new house now and should complete in a few weeks. All my sw stuff is currently packed away in 12 large plastic crates and 2 large cardboard boxes ready for the move. Should get round to setting up some displays for the nicer stuff early next year and myabe get back into the world of collecting again!

Hope you are all keeping well!

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Haven't moved yet. It's a detached house in central Wapping about 10 mins from where I am now.
Should move in towards the end of next month!

:)

Jason

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
what is this palitoy lovers anonymous :?

get a room , or actualy get a secret room :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

welcome back mr palitoy :wink:

"said the noob to the vet." 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Good to see you back Jason. I was just thinking we hadn't seen you on much.

Good luck with the house move!

burnsy

Sith Lord
It's been working on and off for a while, but now the 'o' button just doesn't work!!!

I'm having to use the on screen keyboard, blood annoying!!

Josh

Sith Lord
jimmymindtricks said:
what is this palitoy lovers anonymous :?

get a room , or actualy get a secret room :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

welcome back mr palitoy :wink:

"said the noob to the vet." 8)

LOL Jimmy that is gold man..you certainly are a funny guy my friend LOL

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Going to be a while before I get onto displaying the sw stuff. Got to furnish and sort out the rest of the house first. I think the missus would be a bit upset if I'm buying display cabinets instead of beds, sofas and the like...

:eek:

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
No, I've left that as is. I had a drop in my SW interest shortly after it arrived (I got made redundant, went travelling, started a new job, am now buying a house etc). The card needs a lot of cleaning up to get the tape off, investigate how a vinyl cape, cloth cape would fit under the VC bubble and the whole thing being well photographed and documented before being resealed. I didn't want to do a half arsed job on it and it's good to keep the VC java palitoy saga going a bit longer. The bottom line is there will always be doubters until AFA grade a sealed one.

:p

Jason

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Very true Jason, although AFA have trouble telling Palitoy's apart so their stamp of approval wouldn't be the determining factor for me. I'd rather some of the UK Palitoy collectors look it over and I'd go on their opinion.

Obviously your example isn't sealed but you clearly know the Palitoy cardbacks as well, if not better, than anyone out there and any conclusions you can draw are going to be very helpful.

Good luck with that move as well 8)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The cardback is a standard 12B. I originally thought it would have been a 12A as the vinyl cape and 12A cardback are an earlier release. The other examples that are claimed as vinyl cape palitoys are 12B as well, so it's consistent. There are no known examples of a 12A java palitoy cardback to date.

Jason

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Its also strange how some of the LHH are on a 12A when you think they'd all be 12B's. I guess the factory workers couldn't tell the difference and just dug into the box of cardbacks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom