got a email

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
jabbawokkie
Grand Master
Grand Master

got a email

Post by jabbawokkie »

got a email of a guy telling me what star wars stuff he is selling ,never known this to happen before,all the stuff is out of my price range plus i am a bit suspious so i thought i would let you guys check him out and let me know what you think,i dont think i have bought anything of him before
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-vintage ... 0039595075
"What do you mean theres no IOP "......"its been destroyed by the Jabbawokkie"
captaincaveman
New User
New User

Post by captaincaveman »

never had that before, ive had pm's in ebay to say theres stuff for sale, but thats usually been off people ive already brought from
warrachuppin
Regular
Regular

Post by warrachuppin »

Hi

I have these plenty of times over the years, Ebayers watch who have been bidding on items and then send email relating to what there selling.

Daz
jabbawokkie
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by jabbawokkie »

well he carnt have been watching me as its more then my life is worth spending that kind of money
"What do you mean theres no IOP "......"its been destroyed by the Jabbawokkie"
weasel
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by weasel »

I'm the same, I have had a few emails over the past few months from sellers telling me what they have for sale. Sometimes after I have missed out on a similar item, other times out of the blue. I guess, in the second instance, they are just trying to drum up business, 'cold-calling' almost.

I've never actually bought from a seller who has sent me one of those emails, not sure I'd feel so confident about buying it outside Ebay. Although, I suppose you can ask them to list it on Ebay with a buy it now price you both agree on and to tell you when they are going to list it. That way you still get the protection of Ebay.
jayjedi
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by jayjedi »

this guy sends me emails every time he sells something and i thought i had bought something from him previously and he was giving me first offer :oops: i did think he was a bit expensive and never replied
craignwo4life
In Memory Of...
In Memory Of...

Post by craignwo4life »

I've had a few e-mails before but I don't mind as you might find something you really want amongst the items !!