last 17 £$£$£

mash

Sith Lord
I presume that they didnt make as many of the last 17 figures as the early ones.
For example luke farmboy was released on 3 different cards and was at the time when they couldnt keep up with the demand. and luke stormtrooper was only released on the power of the force card when everyone was bored of it and therefore didnt sell as much.

someone will correct me if i am wrong.

mash

captaincaveman

Padawan
yeah, if you think about it the last 17 were released along time after the films and people moved on. The originals are/were out there in tens of millions(if the documentarys got it right) The last 17 never sold that many

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
What is strange though is that none of the figures are actually that rare and there are loads of them in C9 condition yet they still go for top money.

captaincaveman

Padawan
craignwo4life said:
What is strange though is that none of the figures are actually that rare and there are loads of them in C9 condition yet they still go for top money.

the only thing i can think is that collectors of the non last 17 finally decide/get round to getting them in the end, when i first started collecting figures i thought im never going to get them because of cost, but the lure was too strong :lol: . They are going for less now than when i brought them 18months ago. but only slightly

unless people are hoarding them, im not sure

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
When I started to collect I said there is no way I am paying Ã'£30 for an action figure.

If I had kept to my word I would be alot wealthier now!! :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i don't think it's neccessarily true that there aren't as many of them about. surely when the line was new kids would rip them out of the packets straight away, but later on when potf came nobody wanted them so they just sat there on shelves/in boxes? so many were picked up for peanuts by people wanting to make a few quid later down the line.

what amazes me about potf figures is they seem to go for more loose than they do carded, crazy :lol:

i dont think prices are really going to change much now, only if they start to deteriorate.

captaincaveman

Padawan
kilroy said:
do you think the prices are increasing each year or are these stagnant? perhaps its on supply and demand?

yeah its all about supply and demand, next year will be interesting with all the vintage figures because of the 30year anniversary.

from what ive seen you can tell a figures value from one month to the next(looking on e-bay) it all depends on the buyer

quality seems to be the biggest factor

captaincaveman

Padawan

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i guess it depends on what comes out. for example when episode 2 was released, boba fett stuff quadroupled in price and is still high now.

if lucas does these new tv series next year, the same may happen to other toys.

I think prices are falling. Except for Jawas :? Why is that? Is someone building the mother of all Jawa armies, or is it because by sticking a repro vinyl cape on it some plum will bid it up to Ã'£35?

I've got a couple of spare Yaks that I've got as part of job lots that I won't list right now because they're going for under Ã'£50 if you're an unlucky seller.

Some Last 17 are only reaching about a fiver if they don't have the accessories (Luke Poncho, Han Carb and Paploo) for example. It's tempting to get a bunch of repro bits and bobs and put it in the small print (except I wouldn't as I was born in Barking in 1974 and have never had anything to do with repros as Star Wars is a massive part of my life :wink: ). It's putting me off trading, to be honest.

I'm not trying to make a living off collectors, just get a fair price to reinvest in my collection and under Ã'£50 for a Yak is just criminal.

(that said, I got one for Ã'£40 recently!)

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
what amazes me about potf figures is they seem to go for more loose than they do carded, crazy :lol:
That may be true for a couple of figures but not all and there are probably a lot more loose collectors out there than there are carded.

I collect loose so if I need a Lando General for example I'm only going to be looking for either a loose figure or one on a very damaged card. :wink:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Of course the other factor with POTF cards is the yellow bubbles which immediately put me off collecting them. :x

captaincaveman

Padawan
but its also the quality thing, ive seen lando generals going for Ã'£9 witout weapon and cape. but in good condition and complete they are Ã'£30+

Another thing to remember is that people colecting modern or young collectors now, may move across to vintage in time

The other price factor seems to be sellers, Ive seen two identical figures on e-bay. one went for Ã'£22 with 8 or 9 bids and one just as good, and about an hour behind it went for Ã'£4 and the descriptions and quality looked identical. the only difference i could see was the sellers feedback(and neither feedback was bad)

I can never figure e-bay out :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom