Vintage figures...are they real?

C20ona

Youngling
Hi guys,

First off, this is my first post and visit to the site. So hello! :)

Secondly however, and on a more somber note, I recently bought a couple of vintage Palitoy Jedi figures and have some reservations regarding their authenticity.
I think they might be re-cards. :'(

The main reasons I think they are is that the text on the far top left hand corner of the cards/ is further 'in' to the right than the other examples that I have. Also, I can see what appears to be a tiny piece of hair / tread within the glued part of one bubble (Weequay) and a large piece of green tread actually in the bubble of the other figure (Klaatu).
Also, when I gently rubbed the text on bottom back of the card, it appeared to darken a little...almost like I had rubbed the black over it.

So my question is (I get there eventually!), what should I look for to know for sure if I've been stiffed? I noticed from other Palitoy card backs that there can be slight variation in colour, print size etc. But something just tells me that there's something very wrong with these cards (the thread in the bubble and what appears to be smudging of the text does not install much confidence either).

Thanks guys. Any info / help regarding the above would be greatly appreciated.

Kenny

P.S - Here are just a couple of pics of the figs, but can get more detailed closer pics if required. Thanks again

http://www.flickr.com/photos/c20ona/5500845356/in/set-72157626078377113/ (Klaatu)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/c20ona/5500845432/in/set-72157626078377113/ (Weequay)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Hi (and welcome!)

I'm 90% those are originals, so don't worry :) Firstly, they're quite common figures that wouldn't really be worth faking. Secondly, they have the right bubbles, so look good to me.

PGowdy

Grand Master
I'm with Edd on this but don't wanna go 100% either. Perhaps post a few pics of the things out of the plastic sleeves. At first glance i'd say real tho.

C20ona

Youngling
Thanks for the feed back guys, very much appreciated. I had suspected due to the figures in question, going to the trouble of re-carding etc would be highly unlikely, but you never know. Might sound bizarre but the cards just seemed.....well too perfect. :)

Thanks again though and hopefully any future posts from myself are more positive ones.

Kenny

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom