So, do you think it was a real DT...?

phreatobite

Jedi Master
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130542239805

Some people obviously thought so!

e30318is

Sith Lord
I dont think it is- where the inner and outer saber meet it doesnt look right.

If it is real that could be one of the best bargains ever- up there with a 1$ Vlix!

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I agree, the seller had a long history of buying vintage figures and it would be usual for him not to heard about DTs in that time.

PGowdy

Grand Master
He also has a negative saying he sold a fake. And his response to that was bemusing. Just a clever little scam in my opinion.

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
My question....

Hi. Can you tell me a little more about the lightsaber please. Does the thin end bit move independantly within the rest of the lightsaber (not the arm), and if so is it 100% original to the figure. Thanks.

His response....

hi the lightsaber does move at the tip if you move it with your hand its bent in places due to play but i have never replaced the saber so i presume its original but please note i cant be certain regards honkeytonk

It was a gamble at £31 for someone I suppose, but not a gamble my pocket could face. My gamble stretched to £11.

PGowdy

Grand Master
You could still claim your money back if it's fake. What a lot of sellers forget (and buyers sadly) is that just because you don't claim something is real, doesn't mean you can sell a fake. If you state it's fake that's a different matter.

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Vaders_Child said:
The saber body is rounded at the tip where it ends and the inner begins, original DT's are flat with a sharp outer edge.
Yeah, something I had thought too from the pic though it's never easy with the detail available. I also couldn't find any pics to verify what a proper DT saber should look like.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't think you'd have much luck opening a Paypal claim, he's not trying to sell it as a DT sabre, just playing on people's hopes. More fool them to be honest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom