this has to hurt

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/104-VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-FIGURES-COMPLEAT-SET-EXTRAS_W0QQitemZ290040672285QQihZ019QQcategoryZ50281QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290040672285

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
He probably hadn't looked at them in years and when that happens you may aswell get some money for them.

Can't work out if he got a decent price or not though. :?

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Not a great price but good money if he needed it.

Must have been a big fan in the day... It must have hurt selling that collection :cry:

bellendra

Padawan
I would say no way. Most last 17's go for Ã'£20+

Amanaman Ã'£40+, Yak Ã'£50+, Luke Stormie/Evd9d/ R2 Pop up Ã'£35+

etc. I'm sure I saw a complete last 17 go for Ã'£500 once.

I really think he could've doubled that if sold individually.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i love the photo of him with his stuff as a kid. i have a few, but none that are that good.

boba frett

Jedi Master
I don't like to be cynical but I think that auction is meant to tug on the heart strings lol

Looking at his previews auctions this guy deals in vintage Star Wars stuff so I'd be amazed if that collection was his as a kid! So my violins staying in my box :p

jayjedi

Sith Lord
inzaman said:
Blimey when i sold all mine to a second hand toy shop over 20 years ago :shock: i only got about Ã'£0.50 per figure :cry:
go back to the shop and tell them you want them back , for the same price :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
inzaman said:
Blimey when i sold all mine to a second hand toy shop over 20 years ago :shock: i only got about Ã'£0.50 per figure :cry:
go back to the shop and tell them you want them back , for the same price :lol:
or go at 1 in the morning with a ski mask and crowbar and i will give you 60p a figure

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I thought it was time to open another old thread, so I have been in the the archives :ROFLMAO:

I really like this thread from 2006 where the members talk about a childhood lot with last 17 figures that have put up for sale on ebay :)

I would have really cool if the ebay link still was working with pictures :)

a member write Most last 17's go for £20+

Amanaman £40+, Yak Face £50+, Luke Stormie/Evd9d/ R2 Pop up £35+

a complete last 17 go for about £500

Damn I miss this old prices :cry:

But what do you guys think about what the prices are today for last 17 figures and a complete set of last 17 figures ? I think it must be many times more than this prices from 2006 :unsure:

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I started a loose figure run during COVID while WFH. Over the last 3 years im 12 short from the full set (no varients) all these missing figures are the last 17.

One of the biggest problems (not only the price) is making sure the figure and the accessories are genuine, can't think of anything worse than spashing out 200+ on a figure then it arriving with a repro blaster etc.

sith-smith

Grand Master
What are the current prices for them? I completed my loose set in the early 2000's and so have never really looked into them since then. Some were ones I had since childhood and a few I'd picked up at carboot sales in the early 90's. So I was only looking a for a few and only for a short period. I imagine they are significantly more than back then. I have seen some scary prices!

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I started a loose figure run during COVID while WFH. Over the last 3 years im 12 short from the full set (no varients) all these missing figures are the last 17.

One of the biggest problems (not only the price) is making sure the figure and the accessories are genuine, can't think of anything worse than spashing out 200+ on a figure then it arriving with a repro blaster etc.
That`s why we decided to stop collecting loose, a seller on ebay was annoyed that we missed his auction, ( the days of not having internet in work and having to sneak home) and he decided to go through our purchase history and say a few had a repo blaster etc. - it was the way it was written, as he was having a dig more than being helpful.
And then we discovered Toy Toni, just before we stopped collecting :confused:

Latest posts

Top Bottom