Poncho's Botch Job Repair Shop

poncho

Grand Master
My attempt to repair 2 ****ed up warped and water damaged moc's to be displayed within my budget moc run............maybe :|
to be continued............

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Before :D hope you don't mind the post poncho :oops: :mrgreen:

ponchobelt said:
hey arron nice piece 8)
got these recently from djbighair there pretty ****ed water damaged and extremely warped too hell both still sealed though so there kinda moc! lol :lol: luke bubble is badly damaged it has no roof on top of its bubble, figure cant be removed! if they went too ebay no doubt some one would rip them off and get them graded! these cards are currenly in (ponchos botch job repair shop) to be made displayable :? (possibly) for my budget moc run :D
DSCF0903_zpsf832ae22.jpg

DSCF0890_zps0d78293c.jpg

poncho

Grand Master
luke is looking to be a cut card its been so water damaged that soon as i attempt to repair the card the card artwork flakes off, even if brush your nail across it by accident it flakes off.......still i think il perserve

poncho

Grand Master
well the rebel commander water damaged and warped moc has been given some bashing flattening heating cleaning fixing overall some tlc. well hes still in his sealed state im pleased to say and overall in happy with with outcome and is now in a starcase and apart of budget moc run display. the below and after results! ugrade i think not :p

warping fix
cardback1_zps11a67d82.jpg

cardback2_zps845e1d11.jpg

cardback3_zpsdb882179.jpg

bubble gunk clean
bubble_zpsa20dd62f.jpg

overall before and after
esbrebelcommando_zps8c333590.jpg

december 2013 revisit
P1020712_zps7633706e.jpg

what you guys think???

mumbo

Sith Lord
That's a fine job you've done there, you gotta be pleased :) poncho repair man :)

Joe

Grand Master
It looks better but do you really think you should be letting your child touch that scummy thing :lol:

Daddy Poncho "come here and hold this figure for me so I can take a picture of it"

Poncho Sprog "But it smells really bad Dad!"

Daddy Poncho "Do you want your tea or not?" :D

poncho

Grand Master
Joe said:
It looks better but do you really think you should be letting your child touch that scummy thing :lol:

Daddy Poncho "come here and hold this figure for me so I can take a picture of it"

Poncho Sprog "But it smells really bad Dad!"

Daddy Poncho "Do you want your tea or not?" :D
fear not joe those skinny small hands are mine photo'd lol. i wouldnt want my kid playing them because its true they are very scummy and besides my miss's would go ape if i let my kid hold those, the fact she raised more than an eyebrow when she first saw them said it all.... :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
Haha oh ok! It was the red top that threw me! Can see one of your nippers wearing a red jumper in one shot and you are wearing one in another lol!

poncho

Grand Master
i was like wheres wally for a second! could see any kids anywhere then after a while i saw my little girl in her red cardigan lol

Palifan

Sith Lord
It's like looking at Star Wars revisited :D

Nice job though, maybe best to cut around the bubble of the other one, split the backing in half and seal it onto a good card back. It will still be sealed and if you can find the same card back as you already have with minimal damage then it could look good1

poncho

Grand Master
hey mike, cheers i dont think il be restoring any water damaged fig again anytime soon :lol: ! love the emporer tri logo back! its yours from child hood or a recent purchase? you gonna reseal it i take it? i

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
No bud. It was a pressie a couple of years ago from a family member who picked it up for me
It's just been on top of the wardrobe to be honest as never got round to it

Decided a couple of weeks ago to start focusing and want to tidy this up having said that Iain has one for me to have a look at

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom