Taking apart a vintage B Wing

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
So just taken a vintage B Wing apart to give the motor a kick. Motors working but Im lost trying to get the thing back together!

Anyone got any photos or know of a guide on how this thing goes back together??

Any help would be seriously appreciated!

Cheers

theslider

Sith Lord
I've taken one apart and have made a complete balls up of getting back together - trying to get the wing mechanism to work is a nightmare!

Sorry I'm not much help!

Matt-88

Padawan
I did this last week when I first picked one up as the wings weren't working. I'll dismantle mine again tomorrow and make you a guide if that helps?
What part are you having trouble with?

Garydo

Padawan
I also have a b wing boxed ect but no sound. To scared to open it up. A guide would be great.

Matt-88

Padawan
I'll try get one put together over the weekend, taking it all apart and putting back together and post it with photos :)
I couldn't get the sound working in mine, so I think the motor is dead.

Garydo

Padawan
if you could that would be a great help. or maybe some pointers on things to look out for if the guide is to much trouble. ive tried searching the net for a guide but cant find anything. I would hate to get stuck an end up with a b wing box full of bits :shock:

Garydo

Padawan
top man thanks. wasn't a big deal after all after viewing your guide. I opened it up, gave the motor a spin and did the 9v battery trick and its running again :D . was a bit fiddly getting it all back together but all done and making a wonderful 80s toy noise :lol:
although in the process a handful of the stickers have fell off, just wondering what glue people use to reapply them? thanks

Matt-88

Padawan
No worries, wasn't sure where to post it so I stuck it in the vehicle repair topic.
As for the stickers, not sure on that, maybe someone else can answer? I'm guessing perhaps a glue stick (had a search around the forum), its water based so won't cause any permanent damage to the surface of the ship.

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
Garydo said:
top man thanks. wasn't a big deal after all after viewing your guide. I opened it up, gave the motor a spin and did the 9v battery trick and its running again :D . was a bit fiddly getting it all back together but all done and making a wonderful 80s toy noise :lol:
although in the process a handful of the stickers have fell off, just wondering what glue people use to reapply them? thanks
A very light dusting of spray mount would do the trick to reapply stickers. Don't use the repositionable stuff and be careful not to spray to hard or too much as it could move the stickers and blow glue underneath them (you'll end up with sticky stickers when applied to the vehicle)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom