GG on saber

chazb73

Sith Lord
Hey guys

I was looking at my Luke Farmboy saber and it has the letters GG on it - what does it all mean?

Its the brown facial features 3 line Luke

:D

Banton989

Jedi Knight
Hi Andy,

I think it refers to the mould used for the saber, this has some great info mate

http://m.imperialgunnery.com/site/webs_42214307/home?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imperialgunnery.com%2Fthelightsabersection.htm&dm_package=1#2223

chazb73

Sith Lord
Cheers for that mate

I have seen that one but cant find anything on GG (maybe I missed it)

Was wondering if the figure I have is an early bird?

Banton989

Jedi Knight
Found a bit more info for you :-

The letters were used as a quality control method. The sabers were made by injection molding plastic into steel molds. The molds had multiple cavities. Each cavity was marked with a different letter. This allowed a quality control employee to identify a damaged mold when a saber wasn't formed correctly . This was a more important step when the saber molds were initially created to manufacture double telescoping sabers which were more prone to malformation during the manufacturing process. In fact this is likely one of the major reasons why the sabers were ultimately switched to single telescoping sabers. When the switch happened the original DT moulds were retooled forthe single telescoping sabers and the QC letters on the hilt remained. Presumably once the original moulds wore out,newer moulds were created specifically for the single telescoping sabers and were created without the QC letters.
Sabers can have letters on either side of the hilt because the moulds likely had 2 sides that mirrored each other.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom