PBP stormie on Kenner card ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi I received 3 stormies on kenner cards.

But one of them looks to be hard plastic on the face and body. Legs and arms look more like a normal stormie. What could it be ? and is this figure on the correct card ? or maybe it is a Ledy ?

I have tried to compare him to my PBP loose stormie as you can see on the pictures and the body and head looks the same. But the black line on the helmed is bigger on the loose.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Hi Lars, he looks like the no COO "Tri-logo" variant that's different to your PBP ST, he could also be a HK figure from the mold before they removed the COO.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
To me he does not look like my Tri-logo stormie. The stormie on the kenner card looks like the face and the body is painted white just like PBP looks like. But the arms and legs looks like a normal stormie and not like my PBP loosie.

I have tried to take a picture of it compared to my Tri-logo. Maybe it is hard to see the difference on pictures ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
Can you see the COO on your Tri-logo figure Lars, is it actually the "Tri-logo" variant and would you say he's got a hard torso?

Yes I can see the coo on my tri-logo stormie 2 lines and no coo. But the body does not shine and does not look painted and no hard torso, like the loose PBP I have.

But the figure on the Kenner card, there the head and body shine just like the PBP. But again the arms and legs does no shine or look painted like my PBP.

I do not know this variant on the kenner card and I do not have any loose variant that looks like this one. Could the card be resealed with a wrong figure and what variant is this figure ?

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
There's 2 of these "Tri-logo" variants Lars, your Tri-logo and another one(like your kenner?)with a hard torso(looks painted white) both have slightly different positions of the leg detail.
Do both those MOC's have HK COO's or is the Tri China?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
There's 2 of these "Tri-logo" variants Lars, your Tri-logo and another one(like your kenner?)with a hard torso(looks painted white) both have slightly different positions of the leg detail.
Do both those MOC's have HK COO's or is the Tri China?

Damn I did not know that. I think I have 50 stormies and I have not seen this variant before. He must be very rare :?:

Sorry I can't see the coo or no coo on the other figures on the moc I have. But all 4 moc that I have is stamped Hong Kong.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Here's me old Stormys, IMO your Kenner one is either 5 or 8. I don't think any are rarer than the other and I mainly see no COO's for sale as Hard Torsos.

1, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONG KONG(3)
2, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONG KONG(3) (Position 2)
3, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONG KONG(3) (Position 3)
4, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONG KONG(3) (Position 4)
5, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONG KONG(2)
6, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONG KONG(2) (Position 2)
7(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONG KONG(2) (Position 3)
8, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977, NO COO(2)  
9, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977, NO COO(2) (Position 2)
10, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977, NO COO
11, (LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977, NO COO (Position 2)
12, (LL) G.M.F.G.I CHINA (raised bar) 1977 (3)
13, (LL) G.M.F.G.I CHINA (raised bar) 1977 (3) (Position 2)

26112011076.jpg

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Was hoping you'd chip in Tundra, Talking with Oli in another thread a while back he says that these Euro No COO figures are also found on Kenner cards, if they are they will mainly be ROTJ, he has the inwards pointed legs and why I think it could be a "Tri-logo" variant. I agree that he's not the PBP for sure.

tundra9

Sith Lord
snaggletooth said:
Was hoping you'd chip in Tundra, Talking with Oli in another thread a while back he says that these Euro No COO figures are also found on Kenner cards, if they are they will mainly be ROTJ, he has the inwards pointed legs and why I think it could be a "Tri-logo" variant. I agree that he's not the PBP for sure.

I guess the only way to be 100% certain would be for Lars to open it if he is in doubt! :p

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok I will open the moc, not :p

I will try to take some better pictures, maybe that will help. I am also sure about he is no PBP. Because my loose PBP does also have hard arms and legs and a bigger black line on the head. This one does not have that.

Maybe he is yours no. 8 does that also have a hard head and body ?

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:

I will try to take some better pictures, maybe that will help. I am also sure about he is no PBP. Because my loose PBP does also have hard arms and legs and a bigger black line on the head. This one does not have that.

8 does have a hard Torso but theres also HK with hard torso out there so we'll never really know on that on mate

Pomse2001

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
Pomse2001 said:

8 does have a hard Torso but theres also HK with hard torso out there so we'll never really know on that on mate

When we talk hard torso, does that mean the plastic looks like the same plastic they used on PBP ?

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
snaggletooth said:
Pomse2001 said:

When we talk hard torso, does that mean the plastic looks like the same plastic they used on PBP ?

Simular, they look harder than normal and the detail is more defined, limbs are normally a bit discoloured too.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks scott, but I still do not understand why I had not found such a figure as a loose :shock: and I only thought I was missing the Takara and the Lili Ledy stormie, now I also miss that this one :shock: How rare would you say it is ?

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks scott, but I still do not understand why I had not found such a figure as a loose :shock: and I only thought I was missing the Takara and the Lili Ledy stormie, now I also miss that this one :shock: How rare would you say it is ?

Just had a look at your "tri-logo" ST Lars and your number 4 Variant has a different COO and all the others look like there hard torso, I came across both just as much as each other in UK lots

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom