Chirpa staff flexibility

Information on variations, weapons, cleaning and repair etc
JuniorChubb
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Chirpa staff flexibility

Post by JuniorChubb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:10 pm

Just picked up a Chirpa today and have a niggling (probably paranoid) worry about his staff...

I would post photos but the look and colour are exactly the same as the original I already have, the thing that concerns me is its flexibility. The original I already have is a bit stiffer while the one I have just picked up is a little bit more flexible. Am I just overthinking this because it came from the Bay?

Apart from this the colour and quality match what I have perfectly. Before I go to the bother of taking pictures and posting them does anybody know if there is a variation in flexibility with this accessory?
I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything...

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Chirpa staff flexibility

Post by aussiejames » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:35 pm

pointed vs round tip?

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Post by itfciain » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:42 pm

I'm not sure I have ever seen a repro Chirpa Staff - sure they exist - but that's surprising considering I have had about a thousand repro weapons come through !
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

JuniorChubb
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by JuniorChubb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:06 pm

cheers for the responses lads :D

I was pretty confident Iain, the repros are black or painted, but on the TIG home page there is a photo with a load of new repros and there is a brown Chirpa staff nestled in amongst them.

The colour and clarity of the sculpt are fine, there is maybe a microscopic amount of extra flashing on the suspect one. Its just more flexible than the one I already have that is the only difference.

AJ its the rounded end one I have.
I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything...

benny100
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by benny100 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 pm

Does the pointy one come with the White fur Chirpa?
I'll have to check my ledy one with the 'l' on it

JuniorChubb
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by JuniorChubb » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:31 pm

Not got a clue Ben,

AJ just posted that pic then ran away :lol: :lol: