figures and weapons i just found help needed please

yoda

Sith Lord
Hi guys I have just found a box of figures with weapons I didn't even know I had :)
I have bought alot of vintage starwars over the years and stored them safely away because I was building a house. My plan was to try and build a collection of mint figures and ships. I have now started going through some of the boxes and discovered these last nite. I don't even remember buying them.
I need help with the weapons to find out if they are repro or not. I have put them in water and they are floating? I have never done this method before.
I have also found a yoda and luke stormie figure which I always wanted :) is his blaster in the pile? Also is there any other figures in the pile that may be of interest I am not an expert on these figures or weapons. And I have no idea what that grey ball is for if anyone could tell me thanks.

I have also now found another blue sabre which isn't in pictures.

20160514_1235271_zpsef1aj30d.jpg

20160514_1235271_zpsef1aj30d.jpg

20160514_1245011_zps3t6mwaac.jpg
[/url]1164.photo
20160514_1245011_zps3t6mwaac.jpg
bucket.com/albums/q564/yodaisback/20160514_1238221_zpsat8btdhn.jpg[/img][/url]g][/img]

[im
20160514_1238221_zpsat8btdhn.jpg
g][/img]
20160514_1240241_zpsuzs0sak5.jpg

yoda

Sith Lord
That sounds good hopefully it's not fake I am putting up the pictures of figures now thanks.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Solid black imperial blaster is correct for Luke Stormie

Can't tell from your pics really mate

Sure the experts will chip in, great find bud, wish I had some tucked away :D

url=https://flic.kr/p/H3Bx7k]
26940194051_145b537fd3.jpg
[/url]image by michael smith, on Flickr

poncho

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
At first look, there's an R2 Pop up saber in that lot mate :wink:
Its Repro its painted green you can see the black underneath where the green paint has flaked off...

yoda

Sith Lord
Well that's not good! actually when you say that you can see small bits of black. What about the rest any way of knowing?these are all floating. Does anything else look suspect and how can I be sure? I have no experience with repro weapons.

yoda

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Solid black imperial blaster is correct for Luke Stormie

Can't tell from your pics really mate

Sure the experts will chip in, great find bud, wish I had some tucked away :D

Thanks :D it was a great feeling felt like I found them and was seeing them for the first time. I honestly can't remember buying them. I also opened a box which has a lose complete Falcon and a AT-AT in bubble wrap. It feels like Xmas in the 80s every time I go near them boxes :lol: when I get more time I will get more figures and weapons up for checking. I will over time sell on here what I don't need.

yoda

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
TIG is a good reference for you

http://www.imperialgunnery.com

Thanks mate for that. These weapons are like a minefield when your not familiar with them :)

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Wow, I wish I could uncover boxes of vintage I forgot I had! :shock:

I agree the two green sabers are repros. The rest, can't tell. Best to put every one in a pic like that unidentified ball thing. Up close, it'll be easier to help you.

Check that Luke Stormie helmet too - those were also reproduced at one point. A picture of the inside of the helmet and one of the face is best for that.

Awesome find regardless of any possible repros. ;)

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
Ian_C said:
Wow, I wish I could uncover boxes of vintage I forgot I had! :shock:

I agree the two green sabers are repros. The rest, can't tell. Best to put every one in a pic like that unidentified ball thing. Up close, it'll be easier to help you.

Check that Luke Stormie helmet too - those were also reproduced at one point. A picture of the inside of the helmet and one of the face is best for that.

Awesome find regardless of any possible repros. ;)

Ian

Ok thanks lan
I know it's great opening these boxes now :D. I think with working at the house and a few other things around that time going on. I have totally forgotten what I have bought. I do remember buying a few Falcons and ewok villages and other play sets and ships. There are also alot more figures with weapons. This whole thing has got me curious now to find out exactly what I do have.
I will try to get a few close up pictures put up later. I have a little guy here wants to go to bed soon :)
That little grey ball is puzzling I am starting to think if it hasn't been identified already it's possibly not starwars related :?

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Talk about that Christmas morning feeling :D :D :D :D :D
Spotted a Forest Ranger front cannon in the pile - if it's not needed I know a man that will buy it from you :D

Great find - don't stop though - keep looking 8)

yoda

Sith Lord
db94 said:
Talk about that Christmas morning feeling :D :D :D :D :D
Spotted a Forest Ranger front cannon in the pile - if it's not needed I know a man that will buy it from you :D

Great find - don't stop though - keep looking 8)

Ok no prob mate if I don't need it you can have it :D . The only thing is its gonna that time going through all these bits. I know I have also bought mini rigs and can't remember if most are complete or not so I might need it. But if not sure you can have first shout :D
I will hopefully get more pictures up tonight or tomorrow.
I have a Samsung ph but don't know how to get pictures from photobucket to forum using ph yet. I have to keep using the laptop at home. If I could master how to use ph :? I could get these more close up pictures of the weapons and helmet up quicker.

yoda

Sith Lord
Hi guys got these better pictures uploaded, What are the capes from? Are they repro? i also tried the float test again with a different result this time! is it safe to assume the weapons that have sunk are all repro?
i also put up more figures from the same box i found :) i see a death star droid and a few farmboys and leias i have another box of mint figures with alot of weapons in it. What i would like to know is do i have to check every single weapon? Or was there only certin weapons which were made as fake?
That link Michael Sith put up is really helpful thanks :)

20160516_195455_zpsg5bjillh.jpg

20160516_195327_zpsbyoskk1v.jpg

20160516_194842_zpss72thg6b.jpg

20160516_194820_zps2vfrnmpk.jpg

20160516_194741_zpssql9hxm9.jpg

poncho

Grand Master
That luke helmet is not a correct

it looks like someone drilled out the innards of a regular stormtrooper head. :(

Ian_C

Jedi Master
poncho said:
That luke helmet is not a correct

it looks like someone drilled out the innards of a regular stormtrooper head. :(

I agree. The bottom looks way too rough, the shape isn't quite right, and inside the helmet you should see an ejector pin mark (a very small circle from where a pin pushes the part off the die).

No idea what that red cape is from.

Not all weapons float. I hate the float test personally, as too many people assume a sinker is a repro, and I'm sure many legit accessories have been tossed as a result. I wouldn't worry about helmets at all - I think the Luke Stormtrooper is the only one reproduced out there. We know the R2 saber is a repro from the paint chip we saw, but there are legit ones that sink, as with some original sabers too.

Experience is your best bet, as with time, you'll be able to tell a repro mostly just from looking at it, but it takes a while to get there. Until you're comfortable with it, it's studying the minutia on TIG, or posting good pics here and asking.

Best of luck. Even if they were all repro weapons (and many are certainly legit), you'd still have quite a valuable lot there. :)

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
Ok thanks for the help guys that's a pity about the helmet :(
I think my best bet is not to dump any weapons that sink just yet then. Yes when I do look at the sabres I can see a difference in colour so they are with the helmet.
I will study the reference guide and read up more on them. It's the only way to be sure by getting familiar with what I am looking at. (A bright light under magnification should help)
I will weed out everything that sinks and put close up pictures under a bright light on the forum off them for more help.
Then once I can be sure on them i dont see any point keeping them.
When I bought those figures as a bulk lot I wouldn't have known about the helmet being a repro. I guess that's what is happening to alot of less experienced people like me when buying. The seller may not have known what they wer selling me. Or it was a plan putting in those weapons to catch the less experienced buyers eye. Anyway at least I have some original weapons :) and some half decent figures that will be good for a lose collection.
Thanks again to anyone who helped me :)

yoda

Sith Lord
1464117207637-1401744955_zpspscspjvg.jpg

1464117422233-715380769_zpsd35dw6xp.jpg

These are a few more bits I have dug out! Firstly I want to find out is everything here pictured vintage? Obviously the calendar is :) but is all the rest ok? Its the 3 large figures I am not sure about weather they are vintage or not. Thanks.

This is a carded Han I bought way back. I have now a feeling it is a fake :evil: Am I correct?
[im
14641196479531873158771_zps4krqkyls.jpg
g][/img]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom