Vinal cape Jawa real or fake?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Hi could someone identify if this VCJ is real or not? Thanks More images added.

Attachments

• s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,776
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,773
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,773
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,771
  • s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,696
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,691

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
The shape and size of holes on your one look good. With Ben cut capes sometimes they are poorly done just using the top and armholes of the Ben cape and they are easy to spot as the holes look clearly too big and the top of the cape to pointed.

It is possible though to professionally cut a Jawa cape out of a Ben Kenobi cape to the exact dimensions. The colour on yours is going to be key. Put it up against a Kenobi cape to compare.

Also just double checking, does it have the typical Kenner cross hatch pattern?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
The shape and size of holes on your one look good. With Ben cut capes sometimes they are poorly done just using the top and armholes of the Ben cape and they are easy to spot as the holes look clearly too big and the top of the cape to pointed.

It is possible though to professionally cut a Jawa cape out of a Ben Kenobi cape to the exact dimensions. The colour on yours is going to be key. Put it up against a Kenobi cape to compare.

Also just double checking, does it have the typical Kenner cross hatch pattern?

Hi mate cheers dose this help?

Attachments

• Jawa Cape.PNG
    Jawa Cape.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 1,620

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
When you see it next to OB1 looks like it could be the real deal, see what others say though. :)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I had reservations about colour: shape, size of holes and cross hatch pattern are all ok though. I posted it on fb for opinion and general consensus was it looked more like a VCJ than a cut Kenobi.

It's a lot of money on eBay if you can't be sure and the seller is not 100% trusted.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
I had reservations about colour: shape, size of holes and cross hatch pattern are all ok though. I posted it on fb for opinion and general consensus was it looked more like a VCJ than a cut Kenobi.

It's a lot of money on eBay if you can't be sure and the seller is not 100% trusted.

Thank you so much for all your help, they have 100% feedback and were good enough to send me the extra images. Have put an offer in so will see if they accept, least have some comeback if it is fake and it says been sold are 100 genuine.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
I think it looks good. The photos are poor which I think is counting for the hue on the cape

Thanks mate, will be taking some it arrives. Thanks everyone for all your help.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Someone on FB suggested Toltoys, which got me looking into it more. Looking at photos online Toltoys capes are much redder than standard VCJs, in fact very similar to the colour of the Ben cape.

However, revisiting the original photos I don't believe it's a Toltoys cape as the Jawa itself is also much redder and similar in colour to the cape - my conclusion to draw from it is that the original photos, not being shot in natural light, just have an excessive hue of red (as Rich says) and this fuelled my concerns that it was a Ben cape.

So my conclusion is it looks good and goes against my original concerns, and in agreement with a number of opinions on here and FB. Look forward to when you have it in hand.

Attachments

• 77FC7C68-4104-4A54-9CDA-11FD0790B1CC.jpeg
    77FC7C68-4104-4A54-9CDA-11FD0790B1CC.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,723

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Someone on FB suggested Toltoys, which got me looking into it more. Looking at photos online Toltoys capes are much redder than standard VCJs, in fact very similar to the colour of the Ben cape.

However, revisiting the original photos I don't believe it's a Toltoys cape as the Jawa itself is also much redder and similar in colour to the cape - my conclusion to draw from it is that the original photos, not being shot in natural light, just have an excessive hue of red (as Rich says) and this fuelled my concerns that it was a Ben cape.

So my conclusion is it looks good and goes against my original concerns, and in agreement with a number of opinions on here and FB. Look forward to when you have it in hand.

Thanks I will :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom