R2-D2 Sensorscope Blue Dome Paint Application

R2-SM

Youngling
Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been asked or covered but I'm new to the forum...

I wonder if anyone could help identify if this looks like the original Kenner paint job (the wonky blue dome strips) or if in your opinion it has been messed with and repainted?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3704.jpg
    IMG_3704.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_3705.jpg
    IMG_3705.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 361

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Is that definitely a Sensorscope R2 and not a solid dome? Perhaps it's just the photo, but the blue-green paint colour makes it look like a Taiwan solid dome. Either way, I think it looks OK to me, but it might help to see more photos showing the front of the dome and also the COO on the base.

Jeremy

R2-SM

Youngling
Great, thanks for the help Jeremy, here's some more pics if they help...

Attachments

• IMG_3748.JPG
    IMG_3748.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3749.JPG
    IMG_3749.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3750.JPG
    IMG_3750.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 328

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
R2-SM said:

I think it's fine. I've seen similar paint applications in the past, and to be honest, it would probably be more bother than it's worth stripping off the old paint, but not the vac-metallised silver coating, before applying a fresh paint mask to the figure, so I think you have yourself a good condition Sensorscope R2 :)

R2-SM

Youngling
Snaketibe said:
R2-SM said:

I think it's fine. I've seen similar paint applications in the past, and to be honest, it would probably be more bother than it's worth stripping off the old paint, but not the vac-metallised silver coating, before applying a fresh paint mask to the figure, so I think you have yourself a good condition Sensorscope R2 :)

Thanks again Jeremy, I would never strip the old paint off, I just wanted to be sure it hadn't been painted over badly. I don't mind the fact that it was painted badly back in the day, I just didn't want a restoration that had been sold as original.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom