Star Wars Toys Reference Book

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Just wondering if there is a book you can buy as a reference guide to all the vintage figures produced for sale in the UK and if so where I could buy a copy.
Many thanks,
Matthew

A

Anonymous

Are there any other sorts of reference guides available; maybe on a cd rom?
Am new to this site so am really just trying to collate as much information as I can before I buy anything.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
welcome to the forum!

It's just a case of gaining experience I'm afraid, there's plenty of good resources for photos/info like:

http://www.palitoy.org/cardback/palitoy.html (UK site)
http://www.jedicollection.co.uk (My site, lots of tri-logo/palitoy photos)

There isn't really one place you can learn everything. Chances are you'll get some good deals and some bad deals, but you'll enjoy your time. Starting out is the most fun bit because everything's new! 8)

spoons

Grand Master
mattfj said:
Are there any other sorts of reference guides available; maybe on a cd rom?
Am new to this site so am really just trying to collate as much information as I can before I buy anything.

there are guys on ebay with cds, but you'd do as well to look through some of the threads in this section, or ask the members here any specific questions that you have.

You might also try the faqs on rebelscum.com

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
mattfj said:
Hi,
Just wondering if there is a book you can buy as a reference guide to all the vintage figures produced for sale in the UK and if so where I could buy a copy.
Many thanks,
Matthew

The Palitoy Cardback guides are as good as you will find at the moment. Palitoy.org and Mr Palitoy's guide. The Tri-logos (last cards released in UK (and Europe)) can also be found in a book: http://www.meccano2trilogo.com/

If you search for 'Palitoy backs' in (topic headings only) in the vintage collecting forum this will also bring up some useful discussions like the 30 Back one running now.

Also look in the Showcase section as there are a few Palitoy limelights. Mr Smiths will blow you away 8)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
this is a good cheap book for the basic straight forward collecting
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-Full-Colour-Price-Guide-Vintage-RRP-9-99_W0QQitemZ370098729124QQihZ024QQcategoryZ2475QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

spoons

Grand Master
the best book for photos of all the vintage sw lines are in the Japanese database book - it looks fantastic, but I can't understand a word :lol:

plantman

Sith Lord
I always get a copy of lee's toy review, has a full section on star wars figures and their market value.

might help clarify things a bit?

A

Anonymous

Well you could check out lees Action figure news £5 in UK (forbidden planet) back in 92/93 I came across issue 9 and I went into a collecting frenzy- managed to assemble a real mixed bag of vint. carded figures; ken, pal, mecc, t/l
german, clipper, Japanese, Argentine, Brazilian and Italian. Guides I use are Star heroes collector- excellent german guide, Tomarts 97 guide- still useful, star wars super collectors wishbook- excellent 4 vols so far! From trilogo to meccano S fancourt- nice pictures! House of collectables guide to SW- out of date

Collectables from a galaxy far far away...Becket toys- lacks depth, Virgin published the Uk version of THE STAR WARS FIGURE ARCHIVE- STEVE SANSWEET ET AL. This only covers vintage and POTF2 upto 98.

The price guide in Lees is excellent, Tomart also have a magazine but it usually does not have a guide- these days I tend to just browse them in FP- look for trends etc
Warman's has a Star Wars field guide- small but useful?
Hope this is of some use Also The Kellerman book which is very comphrehensive- totally about action figures-
though only Kenner US carded figures... new book by Lopes et al. expensive and only one part devoted to toys. See if you can get your hands on the Star heros collector- not pricey and covers a good range of vintage with both euro and US prices.

slim

Sith Lord
kellerman book is the tops for me also dont know anything about the super starwars collectors series at all ??? i set my prices before i buy this way no probs arise ! the internet is really everything us guys need

slim

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
Although the price guide is outdated, the first Tomart book in my opinion is the best refrence book out there. It was written in 94 so you know there is no question about what is printed is Vintage! 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom