Repairing the sound on an Awing

Bollux

Grand Master
I bought an Awing yesterday from Gary and unbeknown to him the sound didnt work...this obviously annoyed somebody that is slightly obsessive compulsive about these things, so with a lot of help and advice from Gustie here is how to fix it.

First of all flip it over and there are six screws to undo:
IMGP1502.jpg

When you have done that, VERY carefully hold it together and flip over onto its bottom, then slowly pry the top away:

IMGP1498.jpg

You can now also remove the back fins:

IMGP1497.jpg

It will now look like this:

IMGP1495.jpg

You can also remove the guns as they are only held in place by the top and bottom halves.

Here is the motor:
IMGP1499.jpg

There is the cog and the small piece of plastic under it that together make the noise (the cog may need to be loosened and moved by hand):
IMGP1500.jpg

The problem with mine was that the two copper contacts werent touching when the button was pressed:

IMGP1501.jpg
#

I had to bend the copper slightly at the top so that the two contacts would touch.

So, put the back fins back into place, then carefully balance the guns in to place and put the top back on. BE CAREFUL not to disturb the landing skids!

Then hold it in place flip back over and CAREFULLY screw them back into place, you may need to hold the ship together in some places when screwing, do NOT overscrew or the plastic may split!

Hope that this helps.

Bollux

Grand Master
sorry i meant that the motor may have stuck and will need to be manually span by hand just to loosen it up!

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Bollux said:
sorry i meant that the motor may have stuck and will need to be manually span by hand just to loosen it up!

Okay, thanks! Should I spin it to the right or to the left?

spoons

Grand Master
it doesn't matter which way you spin emiel, but just do it gently - I've got a DV TIE that positively screams now because I 'spun' the motor too hard :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Good effort Bollux and Gustie! 8)

Told you Gustie would know how to fix it, the mans a legend!

Bollux

Grand Master
it was very easy though and as Gustie reminded me, these things were mass produced in a factor, they cant be that hard to make!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom