ROTJ carded collection work in progress

inzaman

Sith Lord
After admiring many collections on this and other forum's and seeing all the different cards, I wanted to get a few carded figures myself but didn't know which ones to focus on.

I like all the various different carded figures but to keep the collection more personal and more importantly ensure it doesn't get out of control, i thought i would start collecting the cards i remember from a kid which fortunately (for my bank balance) these are the ROTJ cards. I don't really remember seeing other cards in the shops but i definitely remember ROTJ being in the shops and on at the cinema.

So this is what i have collected since May this year. My focus is all of the ROTJ specific cards on offerless, ideally on their first release but i am not going to be too anal about it. Plus i will also collect various other figures that i like on the ROTJ card, predominantly the main protagonists.
My requirements so far, and will hopefully continue, have been no bubble dents, no serious rips or damage to the cards, and no price stickers, unpunched being a bonus. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a marathon and not a sprint :D

The only backs i really want are those i remember which are the 65 and 77 backs. I'd 'gotten out' of star wars by the time of the 79 and 92 backs, well i certainly don't remember them. I'd basically sold all my Star Wars to a local market stall and used the funds to buy Action Force which i still have to this day.

IMG_0982_zpsazdodgde.jpg

IMG_0980_zpskfbkbkng.jpg

IMG_0984_zpsh2bzygzy.jpg

IMG_0985_zps8s1olcz7.jpg

IMG_0977_zpshwudptek.jpg

IMG_1283_zps7pfeza6o.jpg

IMG_0976_zpspygxkct6.jpg

IMG_0974_zpslxfxvoud.jpg

IMG_1696_zpsvlomfix4.jpg

IMG_0979_zpszufr00we.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That is a hell of a nice start. The ROTJ range had some of the best releases, I think. Best because they were my favourite figures as a kid: Leia Boushh, Leia Endor, Lando Skiff Guard, ERG, etc. They were certainly the cards I remember from when I was a kid, too.

Great start and look forward to watching the collection grow.

itfciain

Grand Master
Great looking collection (recognise a few) - and they look fantastic cased up - looking forward to seeing this grow

inzaman

Sith Lord
Thanks a lot guys. It's fantastic getting back into collecting again especially when you have a focus and as I stated ROTJ is my favourite line due to the many happy memories playing with the Jedi figures as a child.

I was surprised myself how quickly i have managed to obtain these nice cards, but with help from a couple of members on this forums, namely Ian and Andy, it has been trouble free and a pleasure. I still have a few to go though so the hunt continues :D 8)

inzaman

Sith Lord
Couple of new additions. A 65 back Admiral Ackbar, and a 77 back Nien Nunb. I was really after a 65 back Nien Nunb but this card was too tempting an offer as the condition and price were good for me.

IMG_1624_zps0ap3qxhg.jpg

starwarsfan72

Padawan
Where are you going after you've completed the rotj run? Just coming to the end of completing it myself and moved onto potf last 17. for a later date I'm still undecided on whether to go for sw / esb on original cards or go for the cheaper option rotj ?
By the way lovely collection

indianawars

Sith Lord
I'm glad the Nien Nunb ended up with you buddy - I had that on my watch list - So when I saw it was sold I was a bit gutted, but I'm so glad it's gone to a fellow ROTJ MOC collector :D Congrats...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom