My DIY revolving Star Wars card display rack/shelving

inzaman

Sith Lord
Shamelessly plagiarised from a FB post the other month. I thought it was a great idea and as i do not have loads of space for my display as my carded figures reside in my cinema room, i decided to have a go at making my own except i went with four shelves so as to fit 32 carded figures on.
It took a while to research and build and a few £100 in materials. I have also felt covered the shelves that the cards display on to add a bit of class.

I am extremely happy with the results and the felt covered shelves do add a bit of class to the rack.
IMG_6380_zpson8zamed.jpg

Showing the middle section of the rack used for storing other carded figures which also makes it quicker to change the display keeping it fresh.
IMG_6376_zpsrmo7rmkw.jpg

Video of the rotating rack in action.

[youtube]kHwdqpIDdK8[/youtube]

inzaman

Sith Lord
Thanks guys it has made a massive difference to my display. I might get a millennium falcon for the top of the rack 8)

As for materials it was mdf, threaded rods, bearings, nuts and bolts, sticky back felt, paint, washers of varying varieties, and threaded bolt extenders - I think that's it? I could've probably used foam board instead of mdf but I knew mdf so trusted it more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom