Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post details and discuss up-coming or past Star Wars related events.
User avatar
Stubbs
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Stubbs » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:06 pm

Due to my wife now having committed to work Sunday and leaving me with the kids I am unable to attend on Sunday and I am devastated as I have been looking forward to this since announced. Could I please ask the vintage rebellion to save me a copy of the 4th it came from the loft I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

User avatar
SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2501
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by SublevelStudios » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:30 pm

So looking forward to this show, of course the event is amazing and I get to hopefully find some pieces for my collection, pick up some cases from Christian and make a couple of quid in the process BUT what I love the most is catching up with the lads over a few beers and a curry and meeting some new collectors or finally meeting in person people I've only met online - you can't beat old skool collector events!

Especially looking forward to finally meeting Ian (Pailfan) whom I've known and dealt with for years here on SWFUK.

See you all Saturday/Sunday!

Paul1976
New User
New User
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Paul1976 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:42 pm

So what are you all looking for tomorrow? Me and my daughter will be coming down for our first FF. Really looking forward to it, and I’d be happy if I could pick up a couple of loose weapons and maybe a loose figure or two.

9 year old is after another vintage plush to go with the one she picked up at Echo Live from the boys at Toys of Tatooine.

See you all tomorrow, P

User avatar
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 946
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Darth Bobby » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:20 pm

Pick ups from today’s FF. Great to see everyone.
Attachments
4D711B18-A15A-4D99-8A72-1E9F130D71E3.jpeg
4D711B18-A15A-4D99-8A72-1E9F130D71E3.jpeg (186.67 KiB) Viewed 301 times

User avatar
TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 868
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by TK-7785 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Another cracking show. Great to catch up with so many and put some more names to faces. Lots of great stuff was up for sale and I think possibly the best selection of MOCs I've seen at FF in a long time.

Thanks to Dave and the team for laying it on and really cool to see the original ROTJ shop display diorama. I think the "top bloke" award should go to Mark Daniels for giving free vintage loose figures to the little lad who wanted to buy some with his birthday money. Lovely gesture!

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3383
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Mini99 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Darth Bobby wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Pick ups from today’s FF. Great to see everyone.
Congratulations on your pick ups.
That TL Yoda is amazing, did you pick that up early on?
As I didn’t see that there yeaterday.
@Darth Bobby

User avatar
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 946
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Darth Bobby » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm
Darth Bobby wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Pick ups from today’s FF. Great to see everyone.
Congratulations on your pick ups.
That TL Yoda is amazing, did you pick that up early on?
As I didn’t see that there yeaterday.
@Darth Bobby
Thanks mate, yes I bought it early on. It’s actually a cut bubble, Yoda can squeeze out of the bottom yet you’d never know it. It’s the first cut bubble I’ve bought, he looks great with the other MOC’s.

User avatar
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3383
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Mini99 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Darth Bobby wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:34 pm
Mini99 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm
Darth Bobby wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Pick ups from today’s FF. Great to see everyone.
Congratulations on your pick ups.
That TL Yoda is amazing, did you pick that up early on?
As I didn’t see that there yeaterday.
@Darth Bobby
Thanks mate, yes I bought it early on. It’s actually a cut bubble, Yoda can squeeze out of the bottom yet you’d never know it. It’s the first cut bubble I’ve bought, he looks great with the other MOC’s.
Looks great cut bubble or not. :D

Taffius
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Flatlandia

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Taffius » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 pm

Darth Bobby wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Pick ups from today’s FF. Great to see everyone.
How cool is all that! Loving the patch (and all the other stuff of course!).

User avatar
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 946
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Darth Bobby » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:46 pm

FF was great, had a really good time. Well worth the travel. Spent Sunday evening at Salisbury Cathedral and today at Stonehenge. Perfect weekend really, Such a lovely part of the country. Dave Tree is living the dream! Thanks for putting on such a great event!

User avatar
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 946
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Darth Bobby » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 pm

Taffius wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 pm
Darth Bobby wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Pick ups from today’s FF. Great to see everyone.
How cool is all that! Loving the patch (and all the other stuff of course!).
I need to get a denim jacket now to sew the patches on, just like I did in the 80’s!

Taffius
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Flatlandia

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Taffius » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:02 am

Darth Bobby wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 pm
Taffius wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 pm
Darth Bobby wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Pick ups from today’s FF. Great to see everyone.
How cool is all that! Loving the patch (and all the other stuff of course!).
I need to get a denim jacket now to sew the patches on, just like I did in the 80’s!
Or a replica Solo jacket so you can go around other venues and strut your stuff! :lol:

User avatar
AndyPreston
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by AndyPreston » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:05 pm

FF was fantastic as always! I picked up some great items, and there was lots of amazing vintage goodies for sale. Lovely to see Dave’s Palitoy store display, and the talk on retro gaming was really good.

As others have said though, the highlight is always the chance to catch up with good friends and to make some new ones, meeting guys from on here and on FB who I’ve only talked to online. I’m really grateful to be a member of such a great community!

Here’s my acquisitions, either bought or picked up at FF...
902E1A90-021A-4BD2-9545-814F8A463831.jpeg
902E1A90-021A-4BD2-9545-814F8A463831.jpeg (237.37 KiB) Viewed 110 times
E3DC190A-3706-42DD-8C1E-3521F1B5AFEA.jpeg
E3DC190A-3706-42DD-8C1E-3521F1B5AFEA.jpeg (230.29 KiB) Viewed 110 times
http://www.ukstarwars.com Looking for non-toy vintage British SW items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

Paul1976
New User
New User
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Paul1976 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:08 am

TK-7785 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:16 pm
Another cracking show. Great to catch up with so many and put some more names to faces. Lots of great stuff was up for sale and I think possibly the best selection of MOCs I've seen at FF in a long time.

Thanks to Dave and the team for laying it on and really cool to see the original ROTJ shop display diorama. I think the "top bloke" award should go to Mark Daniels for giving free vintage loose figures to the little lad who wanted to buy some with his birthday money. Lovely gesture!

Chris
Another big thanks to Mark Daniels who let my little girl have three loose figures for free! Even better as someone was minding his stall and we paid him, but on seeing it was my 9 year old who'd bought them, when Mark came back to the stall he gave her her tenner back - what a gent. Pleased to report they joined the Endor scene in her room and were being played with at (and after) bed time that night. Thanks again, P.

User avatar
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3383
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Farthest From XXI Sunday 1st of December

Post by Mini99 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:33 am

Absolutely brilliant.
You wouldn’t get this happen at many other events.
Well done Mark.

Post Reply