Open house - 27th Sept

Post details and discuss up-coming or past Star Wars related events.
fuzzybuzzytoys
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Re: Open house - 27th Sept

Post by fuzzybuzzytoys »

Road trip to Norwich yesterday. What a blast. First time at Iain's and was blown away by his collection. It's like the vintage Star Wars dream we all have!

Iain's family's hospitality was second to none. Really nice day and lovely to see some familiar (and not so familiar) swfukers there.

Wish I hadn't downsized from a 4x4 as my car was packed full of vintage by the time I left.

Iain, I wish you all the very best in the states. I consider you a good friend and your one if the nicest guys I have ever met. The states is a better place for you in it. Good luck.
Reboot in process....
TC-14
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by TC-14 »

Thoroughly gutted to have missed out on this... I wasn't planning on our vintage bike yesterday turning into a 40-miler, hence leaving it much too late for me to head on over to Norwich. Would really like to see some photos from the day, though... just so I can visualise what I could have purchased :(

All the best to you and yours when you go Stateside, Iain!
In my ignorance, I have discovered my hastily chosen username is described as being 'of female personality'. Marvellous.

My Feedback http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=16162
Dark Sith Lord
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Dark Sith Lord »

Massive thanks to Iain for yesterday and to his Wife Liliana for having us!

I had a real blast met some real top blokes in Iain Jamie (FuzzyBuzzy, Dan Son of Jango, Neil Jackbina to name but a few.

And to see Iains stash first hand was just unreal he just had so much stuff! I was like a kid in a sweet shop. I didnt know where to look next! 8) 8)

I came with a awesome haul too including a Boxed Palitoy Tautaun, Boxed Dewback :D :D

Thank you once again mate
"Ill probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"
jedi_masters
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by jedi_masters »

Get a pic up Liam in the LA thread mate, you went home with loads of boxes full of stuff!!!
Looking for:

Star Wars Books!!
Dark Sith Lord
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Dark Sith Lord »

jedi_masters wrote:Get a pic up Liam in the LA thread mate, you went home with loads of boxes full of stuff!!!
Hey Chris. Will do mate. :D :D
jackabina
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by jackabina »

I know he's a good friend of mine, but it has to be said, to echo some of the words already mentioned. Both Iain, and his fabulous wife, Liliana, are two of the kindest, warm hearted and genuine people I have ever met, and am truely sorry to see him leave. When I got there yesterday, Liliana was frying onions for the burgers Iain was cooking for an event, which saw him say goodbye to a chunk of what has taken a great deal of time and effort to put together. If I told my wife that a load of you lot were coming round, she would go nuts, or at the least, make herself scarce. Not Liliana! She not only gets involved, but as a couple (not forgetting the stunning little Emma), they make, and always have, everybody welcome and are very generous hosts.
Going to miss all three of you buddy. You are lucky to have each other!
If ignorance is bliss, you lot must be in a permanent state of orgasm!
jackabina
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by jackabina »

..............................I also meant to say, yesterday was the first time I met Liam. What a fantastic fellow he is, and a pleasure to chat with................................................as you all are :D
If ignorance is bliss, you lot must be in a permanent state of orgasm!
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Frunkstar »

Gutted I could not be there Iain, would have been ace to meet you & so many other SWFUKER's all in one place at one time, also really gutted for you having to part with your collection which I know has taken a hell of a lot of time effort & patience to put together, good luck with your new horizons & I do hope it all comes back together for you & the family on the other side of the pond.
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Djbighair
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Djbighair »

Sure hope you manage to piece it all together again in the states mate. You have been a pleasure to know and deal with. Maybe you'll send over a shipping container for us guys with all the orders where asking you to broker for us over the pond.
Because he's holding a thermal detonater.
tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by tiefighterboy »

Although I will be states away.....I will be there to help with any questions my New American friend may have. 8)
Michael Sith
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Michael Sith »

Sorry I could not attend, sounds like a superb day.

Our shores loss is going to be USA gain, genuinely all the very best to you and your family Iain on your new life and exciting times ahead.
"What is thy bidding, my master?"
Dark Sith Lord
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Dark Sith Lord »

jedi_masters wrote:Get a pic up Liam in the LA thread mate, you went home with loads of boxes full of stuff!!!
I have just uploaded some to the LA thread mate :)
Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Jez »

ON BEHALF OF IAIN

Guys, I've just spent the last 24 hours up in Norwich with Iain, helping him to clear out his house (my house). I've just deliverec him and his lovely family to his Brother near London. He flys out on Thursday at 11am.
Iain wants to be able to add comments etc to the forum and especially this thread, as a way of a thank you, however he is maxed out and unable to. He has asked me to apologise to you as he simply hasn't had the time. I know you will agree that apologies aren't needed.
Take care Iain, Liliana and Emma, Bon Voyage

I'll say you'll be missed but considering that you'll be a stay at home Dad, I think that couldn't be further from the truth! When he finally gets there and sorted he'll be online more than any of us!

Later dude xx
itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Post by itfciain »

Just a quick one - can only echo what Jez said above. Last few weeks have been manic but we are almost there now. Really grateful to all my forum friends that have purchased from me in the last few months - all orders are now out - even Rich's bloody AT-AT head ! To all of the lads that turned up at the weekend - I think you for taking away as much as you did - I hope you enjoy it

Special thanks to two guys on here in particular - Neil (Jackabina) for being a bloody good friend over the last couple of years - being my DIY expert and sometimes drinking partner. And to Jez whose help today has been bloody marvelous

Although I am moving on - I will still be active an although not wishing to steal Todds thunder will always be able to help you guys out with the US purchases

Give me a few weeks and I'll be sticking some monster sales threads up I am sure :D
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc
tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by tiefighterboy »

itfciain wrote:
Although I am moving on - I will still be active an although not wishing to steal Todds thunder will always be able to help you guys out with the US purchases

Give me a few weeks and I'll be sticking some monster sales threads up I am sure :D

Hell....I was your biggest warehouse. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: