CE: 14th July SWF Early Bird Meet up@ The Fox Excel & China Palace

Joe

Grand Master
UPDATE:
All SWF Members arriving in London on Thursday 14th July are welcome to meet up for a few drinks at the Fox at Excel: http://www.foxbars.com/foxexcel/excel-bars/

TIME: 5pm onwards

DINNER ARRANGEMENTS: 8pm China Palace: 20 places (see list below) http://www.chinapalaceexcel.com/

1) Joe
2) ScruffylookingNH
3) robpmarsh
4) itfciain
5) jackabina
6) Ben
7) Nick
8 ) James
9,10 & 11) mr_palitoy + 2
12) Christian
13) David (Christian's brother)
14) Jonathan G
15) Darren (DP1973)
16) Ove/duskamp
17) Darren Jeffery
18)
19)
20)

Then back to the fox for more drinks :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post below:

What kind of time are those staying Thursday planning on arriving? Would be cool if we could arrange a meet up on the Thursday night after everyone has checked in/dropped their stuff off at their hotels etc

There are at least 5-6 of us are staying at the same place (Holiday Inn Express) but where is everyone else going to be?

Also, is it true that we can pick up our passes on the Thursday and potentially avoid all the queuing up on Friday morning? The site doesn't have any information on that yet but I've seen people saying you could on FB.

Do any of the Londoners on here have any suggestions on a good location for a Thursday night gathering?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
There'll be me, Stef, Jim, Jimbo and Barry all making it down on train on Thursday afternoon so I'm pretty sure if something was organised we'd be interested in hooking up and kicking off the Celebrations in style!

Joe

Grand Master
I *think* it's myself, Simon, Iain, Neil and JC confirmed at the Holiday Inn, not sure if anyone else has booked there (or nearby) but if us lot all get together that's 10 of us at least!

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
if we can collect our passes on the Thursday then I'm up for meeting in evening.

Don't fancy a long queue on Friday morning....need to get in there to see all the goodness!!!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Got to sort the Thursday night out yet but myself, James and Nick will be there joe. Up for some thirsty thirsday. There's nothing quite like standing in massive queues whilst hanging out your arse.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
robpmarsh said:
if we can collect our passes on the Thursday then I'm up for meeting in evening.

Don't fancy a long queue on Friday morning....need to get in there to see all the goodness!!!
Ditto!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Should be plenty of people around on Thursday for beers etc and all the yanks will be over too. Picking up passes on Thursday is a good idea. You will need to be in the queue Friday morning early doors for the opening ceremony if Anaheim is anything to go by...

:)

Jason

Jimi Woolley

Padawan
As Mark said we're getting there Thursday afternoon and are staying in an apartment about a 10 minute walk away from excel.

I'm 100% up for meeting up with everyone on Thursday night. I'm more looking forward to having a few beers with everyone than the event itself!

Jimi

Ren Solo

Padawan
I arrive on the Thursday afternoon, staying st the Premier Inn at Beckton. I'm up for a Thursday night meet up. Beats sitting at a bar somewhere by myself!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I will eb there Thursday afternoon, I'd assume we'll be setting up our booth first but think we have to be out the hall by 6 anyway so myself, Grant, Pete and Jez should all be around Thursday evening.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
I work just down the road in Canary Wharf so I'll be good to go whenever.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'll be there from thursday afternoon!

Have booked an apartment (ideas above my station!) About 500m from the arena (oxygen apartments) and you are all welcome for a beer or 2!

Would be great to meet up somewhere on the Thursday evening!

Joe

Grand Master
OK so it's pretty obvious there are going to be loads of us there on the Thursday night so lets start shortlisting some places to meet up that work for everyone? Post the locations of your hotel/apartment and/or your best boozer suggestions below!!

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I'll be 'working from home' :lol: on the Thursday...so can meet up whenever. Is any information out yet regarding when/where we pick up the passes early from?

Probably not going to make Thursday night a late one as I need to get back over the river and home ready for an early Friday start (will look into night buses but it's pretty sparse around there really late)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom