Sandown Toy Fair - Saturday 2nd March 2019

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Hi All,

I'm going to have a lot of LEGO Star Wars sets (and some vintage) for sale at the event. Mention the SWFUK Forum and you might just get a discount :D

Address is:

Sandown Park
Sandown Exhibition Centre, Sandown Park Racecourse,
Portsmouth Road, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9AJ

Adults £6.50
Senior Citizens £6.00
Children £2.00 (under 5s free)

Early Entry from 8am £12.00

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Look forward to seeing you there Rob nice and early.
Noticed that the early bird has gone up to £12!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
Am going to b there from around 11am, would b nice to c u guys!
Chris and I will be there from about 9:00, just a thought, why don't we meet at Rob Marsh's table at 11:30?
I'll PM Rob and see if he know where his table will be.
Let me know your thoughts guys.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
palitoyjunky said:
Am going to b there from around 11am, would b nice to c u guys!
Chris and I will be there from about 9:00, just a thought, why don't we meet at Rob Marsh's table at 11:30?
I'll PM Rob and see if he know where his table will be.
Let me know your thoughts guys.

Soz Nick, only just seen this! Sure will hopefully b at Rob's table for 11:30 :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Only just seen your reply Jon.
Sorry to have missed you today, hopefully next time?
Hope you had a good day there.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
Anyone find anything?
A reasonable amount of Vintage, some really nice MOCs and nice boxed ships and playsets, no bargains though.
Lots of modern and some great Lego, especially on Robs table.
More importantly had a great catch up with like minded friends, great morning!
Thanks guys.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Like Nick says, worth the trip if only to have a catch up and gander at some items. Good chatting with Rob and Pete too. Rob, I apologise on behalf of Nick wasting so much of your time over the Lego. :wink:

There was also the chance to take a close look at the Palitoy prototypes on Vectis' stand today among some of the other MOCs coming up in the next sale. We had to apologise however for leaving drool all over the cabinet, but fantastic to see these pieces of history up close.

Chris

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
There was also the chance to take a close look at the Palitoy prototypes on Vectis' stand today among some of the other MOCs coming up in the next sale. We had to apologise however for leaving drool all over the cabinet, but fantastic to see these pieces of history up close.
And that's probably as close as I'm ever going to get to them, so well worth the trip!

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Like Nick says, worth the trip if only to have a catch up and gander at some items. Good chatting with Rob and Pete too. Rob, I apologise on behalf of Nick wasting so much of your time over the Lego. :wink:

Chris

It's ok....he's already buckled and bought a set from me :lol:

received_1899551003501606.jpeg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
robpmarsh said:
TK-7785 said:

Chris

It's ok....he's already buckled and bought a set from me :lol:
It was inevitable, just a matter of being convinced I needed another piece of Lego in my life! :lol:
Now all I have to do is convince my wife!

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
I went for a bit , seems like most of the stuff is overpriced , one stall had a lot of boxed items I need which is a shame as it was just too pricey, didn't look like he was selling any of it either, people moan about eBay but at least you can pick things up at decent prices sometimes, was good to see some old scalextrix stuff though.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I find this now with toy fairs. Found an AT-AT Driver at a recent one- it had been badly chewed up by a dog and was almost unrecognizable, yet the dealer wanted a fiver. There was another dealer selling loose, incomplete figures such as IG88 for £20 each. Utter nonsense. Better bargains on Ebay for sure.

Events like Farthest From & Echo Live are by far the best places to buy though.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
ChallengerFox said:
I went for a bit , seems like most of the stuff is overpriced , one stall had a lot of boxed items I need which is a shame as it was just too pricey, didn't look like he was selling any of it either, people moan about eBay but at least you can pick things up at decent prices sometimes, was good to see some old scalextrix stuff though.

ditto

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Only just seen your reply Jon.
Sorry to have missed you today, hopefully next time?
Hope you had a good day there.

Soz I missed u Nick. Got there a little after 11:30am
Another time mate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom