Forum member: SKYLINE......avoid

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
just a quick one....looking for others advice. I recently purchased some items on here from a new member, Skyline((Daniel)....after 2 weeks with no sign I contacted them and asked if the items were on their way to be informed that the hadn't been sent and wouldn't be sent for another few days!......no explanation given.

now I appreciate that were all busy, family, work etc but I felt that was a little long for postage? I told the seller if it was all the same, and they hadn't been sent,could they refund the money as I didn't want the figures at this stage....I heard nothing till the following evening until the seller said "posted today"....

Now here I am a nearly a week later again and still no sign....these items are coming from the UK to Ireland....I have received packages from the US and UK since contacting the seller.

I have looked for a refund again today and said I will return the items if and when they arrive, I guess I'm asking is that reasonable?? It's 3 weeks with no explanation!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Two weeks to post something without any contact is not on.
I appreciate things can crop up etc and delay people getting to the PO, but two weeks is taking the piss. The lack of contact is a double slap in the face.
To ignore your request for a refund is again not on. And, I suspect the items were NOT posted when he contacted you to say they were. Clearly he's too dim to realise that there will be a postage stamp with the date on it!

Assuming you paid via PP I would lodge a claim for items not recievd now. If they turn up just send them back to him.
Piss poor comms from a seller is never on. FFS it takes 1 min to type an email. If you're not going to be able to get to the PO for a few weeks state that in your listing!

Ps Feel free to name him.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
ok.....I'm not doing anything that I didn't tell the seller I would be doing, I said in my pm's that I would be posting here about this issue, so seeing as I have heard nothing.... :?

The seller on here is "Skyline".......Feel free to comment here mate?......

I for one can't afford to be out if pocket money on items bought nearly a month ago....!! I'm not some keyboard warrior having a go but it's fairly bad form to leave people waiting this long

I am also posting this, as I will say, that it appears, I'm not the only board member in this position with the seller....

I don't believe my items were sent last week....maybe I'm wrong?

and yes, payment was sent 'gift' of course.... :roll: :lol:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Jedi_june said:
Man that stinks :| can you file a claim with PayPal even if you sent it out as "Gift"? :?

Wish you luck with this slacker!
nope....sent gift, contact recipient was what I was told.... :(
Got that klaatu by the way....photos going up soon in LA thread

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Dublinjeff said:
Jedi_june said:
Man that stinks :| can you file a claim with PayPal even if you sent it out as "Gift"? :?

Wish you luck with this slacker!
nope....sent gift, contact recipient was what I was told.... :(
Got that klaatu by the way....photos going up soon in LA thread

Glad you received the Klaatu 8) that was fast :shock: lol. And as far as the situation goes I hope the seller does what's right. Makes me think twice about sending money as a gift :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Dublinjeff said:
ok.....I'm not doing anything that I didn't tell the seller I would be doing, I said in my pm's that I would be posting here about this issue, so seeing as I have heard nothing.... :?

The seller on here is "Skyline".......Feel free to comment here mate?......

I for one can't afford to be out if pocket money on items bought nearly a month ago....!! I'm not some keyboard warrior having a go but it's fairly bad form to leave people waiting this long

I am also posting this, as I will say, that it appears, I'm not the only board member in this position with the seller....

I don't believe my items were sent last week....maybe I'm wrong?

and yes, payment was sent 'gift' of course.... :roll: :lol:

I had a horrible feeling you were going to say Skyline, take a look at this, you'll see you're not the first to have a delay -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13636&start=15

I'm surprised he's not learn't from last time as he knows he can sell his items to a good bunch and it really doesn't take that much effort to keep people in the loop (especially when they're paying you money).

It seems like everyone had their issues resolved but if this keeps up maybe it's not really worth us bothering to buy anything.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Ah Sh#t.....that thread doesn't read well......clearly Daniel hasn't learnt from previous experiences especially about lying about postage....!! I knew when he said they were posted that it was wrong, I just knew it seemed off..... :roll:
Did anyone actual get a refund, the last time....I don't want these figure at this stage tbh and will be sending them back either way at this point...the good has gone out of the sale.
One thing, when you do decide to respond Daniel.....this Forum is probably one of the most laid back sites I have had the pleasure of posting on....the lads are fantastic and as I've learnt only quite recently, if you make a mistake, man up, just admit it, sort it out with whomever and move on.......DON'T....I repeat DON'T... lie...ignore pm's, blank members and then expect it all to be rosy in the garden.........now please can I have my money back.... :D
Rant over

browny

Jedi Master
Avoid that seller mate,I know some very respectful guys on bftb who wouldn't touch him with a barge pole...

It's not that you won't get the item as such but more that it will take an eternity to get to you and the din lies about when he posts..

I pulled out of a deal with him and am thankful for friends informing me prior to sending him his wedge..

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Yeah, bit late unfortunately......what's annoying me now is that he has been on here this evening and has read 3 of my pm's and hasn't replied...!! Im pissed now.....it's very poor form..... :x

Palifan

Sith Lord
I feel you can only give someone so many chances so maybe it's time for him to stop selling items on here. I really thought he'd learn't from the last lot he sold that he needed to be more upfront and on the ball but it's clearly not happened. I think maybe the mod's need to step in now and close down any future listings.

It's a shame as it's a really great bunch of people to sell to but you really have respect the buyers as they're generally putting a lot of trust and faith into handing money over. I've always been of the opinion that people should treat people how they would want to be treated so that's what he really needs to ask himself. Karma will come and bite you in the ass one day!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom