Avoid this seller on eBay

Lucas1977

Padawan
I bought a VC jawa paid the buy it now price then the guy refunds the money saying he's not selling it.
Watch out in case you fall for false hopes.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231300284070

DarthPinky

Youngling
My friend who was selling this item was too polite and quite frankly fed up with this buyer to deal with this so I took it on myself. :)

The facts are utterly wrong, this buyer refused to pay the bid price and paid outside of eBay (as you know against eBay rules and removes any protection for the seller), for a considerably lower price. He claimed, with a badly faked email(!), that this was the agreed price!
Since trust was broken at this point, my friend refunded the money and decided to withdraw the item from sale as he believed this buyer had NO INTENTION of paying what he agreed and strongly suspected that it may end up 'lost' in postage.

The buyer then claimed he was going to go on to the Star Wars forums to slate them (point proved) and give negative feedback on eBay (as done).

Shameful buyer and it has certainly made me think twice about selling some of my original Palitoy figures online. :(
As the forum rules state:
3) Everything posted here must be FACT. DO NOT make a thread about somebody unless you are 100% sure they deserve one. Feel free to PM me or one of the mods if you're not sure first. Link to any evidence you may have.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
DarthPinky said:
my friend refunded the money and decided to withdraw the item from sale as he believed this buyer had NO INTENTION of paying what he agreed and strongly suspected that it may end up 'lost' in postage.

Not taking sides here, but your point above is easily solved by sending the bloody thing with tracking! Fairly standard for higher value items.

Lucas1977

Padawan
Why would I buy it now for the full money when I have 100% feedback then say it's gone missing. That's just the easy way out for the seller to say.
Why put up for sale if your not selling it. We are both covered on eBay so who's at fault. Me for paying at buy it now or the seller for putting it for sale.
Some people just don't get it, they see ££ signs and just get greedy.

No one other than the seller is at fault. I bought I paid what more can I do.
False words from your friend.
I know a few people who made off eBay offers and all he did was want more and more. Greedy
He seems a bit weird to me. Tell him to grow some balls.
Instead of getting his mates to do his dirty work.
Any way no more replies from me as it's not worth the time and effort.
I know the facts. I was only trying to warn others of the bad seller.
:-(

PGowdy

Grand Master
I'm confused. I thought you bought the item on ebay at the buyitnow price. Where do off ebay deals come into this?? :?
And the friends states you paid off ebay. What does that mean? If you buy something on ebay you pay the ebay invoice. An off-ebay deal is totally different.

This is all a bit confusing now. :?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Lucas1977 said:
I paid the full buy it now price on eBay , through eBay so please step up or shut up. Donkey.

Can you take a screenshot of the payment to clear this up. It will end all speculation on the other side.

DarthPinky

Youngling
Lucas1977 said:
Why would I buy it now for the full money when I have 100% feedback then say it's gone missing. That's just the easy way out for the seller to say.
Why put up for sale if your not selling it. We are both covered on eBay so who's at fault. Me for paying at buy it now or the seller for putting it for sale.
Some people just don't get it, they see ££ signs and just get greedy.

No one other than the seller is at fault. I bought I paid what more can I do.
False words from your friend.
I know a few people who made off eBay offers and all he did was want more and more. Greedy
He seems a bit weird to me. Tell him to grow some balls.
Instead of getting his mates to do his dirty work.
Any way no more replies from me as it's not worth the time and effort.
I know the facts. I was only trying to warn others of the bad seller.
:-(

Well, for a fact, he is not a 'dealer' with figures. He had a figure to sell and was pleasantly surprised to find out how much it was worth. Yes, he did have offers but as they were outside of eBay and offered no seller protection, he thought it best not to deal that way, it was not a question of getting 'greedy'. You didn't want to follow the rules and had no intention of paying the agreed price.

And I can see from your previous reply, the level of rudeness you conduct yourself. I expect the emails you sent to him were of a similar style. :(

He didn't ask me to do his 'dirty work', he's a good friend with his faith in the SW community a little bruised at the moment.

He WAS selling it (he was a 100% seller until your spiteful little rant). But after your behaviour, he certainly didn't want to sell it to YOU.

DarthPinky

Youngling
He really can't be bothered to get into an argument with the 'buyer'. He's more mature than me in that respect. :lol: He's had enough crap from him already.

He is a good friend and I just want to stick up for my mates. :)

At least I know he the 'buyer' is not representative of the majority of SW fans out there.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Screenshots of the ebay sale and the paypal payment both sent and refunded will end this. No other discussion needed. One person's word against another at the moment.

Lucas1977

Padawan
I paid through eBay .trusted power seller100% feedback , been on eBay for 10 years. Why would I bring all this in the open if I was trying to deceive anyone , it's simple common sense.

PGowdy

Grand Master
There you have it. The seller is lying. The end.
As the picture shows the item was won on ebay not removed for an off ebay offer. And the item was paid for, in full, via the sale, not off ebay, and then refunded by the seller. He sold an item it was paid for in full and he decided he didn't want to go through with the sale and sent the money back. He really has no leg to stand on here.

Lucas1977

Padawan
Your confusing me buddy, I bought the item on eBay at the buy it now price , paid on eBay , that's how eBay works, unless they changed the rules.

DarthPinky

Youngling
If that was the full story, then yes.

BUT... the buyer made this payment AFTER it was withdrawn from sale. AFTER attempts to buy it at a lower price than agreed outside of eBay! This is the refund for that later purchase. (Apparently asking the selling price is greedy now?)

Already by this point, my friend had decided not to sell it to him and informed him. (I don't blame him!)

So not so clear cut, I'm afraid. :(

Let's just finish this. I can see why my friend couldn't be bothered. :(

PGowdy

Grand Master
Lucas1977 said:
Your confusing me buddy, I bought the item on eBay at the buy it now price , paid on eBay , that's how eBay works, unless they changed the rules.

Yup, that's what i just confirmed, above. :wink: Your picture clearly shows that the item was bought ON ebay and paid for and then refunded by the seller (repeating myself now).
The seller's "friend" claims you did not buy the item on ebay but rather tried to make an offer lower than the asking price and that you sent the money to him via paypal (why we're expected to believe you would do that without the sellers say so i beyond me :lol: ). He was not happy with deals done off ebay as it's against the rules and so decided to refund you. This is all clearly bullshit.

PGowdy

Grand Master
DarthPinky said:
If that was the full story, then yes.

BUT... the buyer made this payment AFTER it was withdrawn from sale. AFTER attempts to buy it at a lower price than agreed outside of eBay! This is the refund for that later purchase. (Apparently asking the selling price is greedy now?)

Already by this point, my friend had decided not to sell it to him and informed him. (I don't blame him!)

So not so clear cut, I'm afraid. :(

Let's just finish this. I can see why my friend couldn't be bothered. :(

So now you're saying the buyer paid for 2 Jawas? One off ebay and one on ebay? :? er?
The buyer just showed a receipt for a Jawa won and paid for and refunded through an ebay sale. That's a fact. So apparently he was fine paying the asking price at that time. So you're saying there was another sale that was removed and the buyer sent money anyway?

Going back to the original post. The buyer claims he won and paid for a Jawa on ebay and the seller then refunded the money red egging on the deal. This, at least, has been shown to be indisputable fact.
I see no evidence to back up the sellers side. Plus each post has been a convoluted and confusing retelling of apparent events which doesn't help.
If the seller did have some kind of disagreement with the buyer and decided not to do an off ebay deal and relished the item (why take it down in the first place?? :? ) then he should have blocked the buyer from bidding on his items and he would not have been able to win the 2nd time round. Having said that, if your story is to be believed the buyer still paid in full the 2nd time round so the seller still has an obligation to uphold the deal. End of story.

DarthPinky

Youngling
PGowdy said:
Lucas1977 said:

Yup, that's what i just confirmed, above. :wink: Your picture clearly shows that the item was bought ON ebay and paid for and then refunded by the seller (repeating myself now).
The seller's "friend" claims you did not buy the item on ebay but rather tried to make an offer lower than the asking price and that you sent the money to him via paypal (why we're expected to believe you would do that without the sellers say so i beyond me :lol: ). He was not happy with deals done off ebay as it's against the rules and so decided to refund you. This is all clearly bullshit.

I don't want this to get personal. But please don't put 'friend' in quotes. :D (The irony of my punctaution doesn't escape me) :lol:

I'm just sticking up for a mate who wanted to sell his figure on eBay. He got fed up with 'outside of eBay dealings' and withdrew the item.

Maybe he should have taken all the **** and sold it? I don't know. I probably would have still sold it, but that's HIS choice.

The buyer got his money back. He still felt the need to make out my friend was the villain. That pissed me off.

As far as I'm concerned, no-one died. So the world is hardly a worse off place.

I don't want to make enemies here, I consider SW fans to be my friends.
Anyway, peace to you all.

PGowdy

Grand Master
DarthPinky said:
PGowdy said:
Lucas1977 said:

I don't want this to get personal. But please don't put 'friend' in quotes. :D (The irony of my punctaution doesn't escape me) :lol:

I'm just sticking up for a mate who wanted to sell his figure on eBay. He got fed up with 'outside of eBay dealings' and withdrew the item.

Maybe he should have taken all the **** and sold it? I don't know. I probably would have still sold it, but that's HIS choice.

The buyer got his money back. He still felt the need to make out my friend was the villain. That pissed me off.

As far as I'm concerned, no-one died. So the world is hardly a worse off place.

I don't want to make enemies here, I consider SW fans to be my friends.
Anyway, peace to you all.

I understand but you're not reading what i'm saying. I've not taken sides with any part of anything i've said in this thread. Just looked at the facts as they've been presented. The sale (a sale) was made ON EBAY. And paid for ON…. ah **** it, I've said this twice.

This thread really ought to be locked now as it is in danger of getting repetitive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom