Beware of vintage*space*station, Matthew Adams, on ebay

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Well, got scammed by a guy today on ebay.

He bought a Luke Farmboy off me on ebay April 26. My listing clearly says if an item sells over $40, I will upgrade to tracked shipping, but below that, I will save the buyer money by offering cheap untracked. He paid $34.99. Asks me the day after I confirm shipment if he can have tracking, to which I pointed out my terms in the listing. May 12, he opens a case, saying he hasn't received it. No kidding, Eastern Canada to California, I don't expect it to arrive in 2 weeks. He was allowed to escalate today. At 12:15 am, he does so, and a few hours later, ebay gives him his refund.

Okay, fair enough, right? Ebay rules are to provide tracking.

Look at this though.

Since yesterday, here's his feedback. (sorry for small pics)

9f5d953d-1ed8-4cb0-9281-4832575c8ecb.png

That's three people, me included, that gave him "false positives" for scamming.

Now, look at his feedback left since yesterday.

ef5f5023-7838-484a-961f-416c209a2a0a.png

Seven negatives in a row left since yesterday?!?

This guy has decided to scam a lot of people all at the same time. Stupid motherfucker. I'm appealing it, but doubt ebay will budge even with this evidence.

Beware of this clown guys.

Ian

itfciain

Grand Master
You might get lucky there - I doubt they would do anything about the false positives but no-one gets 7 lost packages without something very sus going on

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That sucks arse, Iain. ****ing prick deserves booting but I guarantee eBay will do sweet FA and simply reply "they're looking into it" and that "a note has been made on this user's file and advice issued" or some such crap. I would be amazed if eBay fork out money as it would be from their own pocket as they know if they reject it then PayPal would only support the prick's claim and take the money back anyway. Sorry you're out of pocket. I'd send him something brown and sticky that hadn't come from a tree.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
If you tell eBay you want to close your account over this they'll take action

In my appeal I told them exactly that, as well as pointing out how much in fees I have given them the last couple of years and how that would be gone moving forward. ;) I'm sure I'm still small potatoes to them though. I'm going to actually give them a phone call later today. They seem more responsive to complaints when someone speaks to them personally.

Ian

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ian_C said:
Richard_H said:
If you tell eBay you want to close your account over this they'll take action

In my appeal I told them exactly that, as well as pointing out how much in fees I have given them the last couple of years and how that would be gone moving forward. ;) I'm sure I'm still small potatoes to them though. I'm going to actually give them a phone call later today. They seem more responsive to complaints when someone speaks to them personally.

Ian

Well, I wish you luck and hopefully their attitude has changed, but when I pointed out they had screwed me over through a misinterpretation of their OWN rules and, in 2013, single handedly turned my Lego business from a 2012 turnover of £110k to a £35k business in 2013 (resulting in a loss of revenue to them themselves of about £7k) they couldn't give a stuff. They didn't even apologise let alone remedy the situation.

Different times and different situations, I hope Rich is right and they bother to lift a finger for a customer. Would be a first for eBay.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Lindo said:
That's why I won't ever send anything untracked

If you look at the 7 negatives he left, only 2 were for undelivered items. The others were all claims of "not as described". No way to avoid a scammer who wants to use that excuse. :(

Ian

Richard_H

Grand Master
I complained to ebay 13 times on my last deal. Kept getting fobbed off with 'high priority' and '48-72 hours' decision. But I kept at them, even after they closed the case against me. I won though in the end. Made it clear I wouldn't give up and would sue if they didn't sort it.

Lindo

Sith Lord
Ian_C said:
Lindo said:

If you look at the 7 negatives he left, only 2 were for undelivered items. The others were all claims of "not as described". No way to avoid a scammer who wants to use that excuse. :(

Ian
surely he would have to return the item before ebay refunds otherwise that just not cricket!

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Lindo said:
Ian_C said:
Lindo said:

Ian
surely he would have to return the item before ebay refunds otherwise that just not cricket!

Only if he wanted a full refund would he have to return it. The scam is to say it has condition issues, then demand a partial refund. Unless you can make a strong case, ebay will side with the buyer and force you to refund part of their payment AND they keep it. I've seen it happen with greater than 50% refunded. :evil:

Ian

RifleSmile

Jedi Knight
Honestly, things like this just make me cagier than ever when selling through eBay.

Sellers really do get shafted in terms of rights

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Sellers have rights on Ebay? :shock:

Sorry, of course they do, they have the right to be shafted, and the right to watch Ebay side with the person who is blatantly shafting them

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Well, so much for a 48 hour response to my appeal. :roll:

After several days, they finally get back to me, saying that without tracking, I have no grounds for an appeal, and just dismissed it outright.

Worst part? A friend on another board sent me pics of the guy selling the SAME Luke in his ebay store now.

Mine are against the white background.

l410.jpg

l310.jpg

l210.jpg

l110.jpg

i210.jpg

o110.jpg

i110.jpg

o210.jpg

****ing thief.

Ian

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Not sure what the system is like in the States but I'd be inclined to go to the Police, or over here we have a small claims court. You represent yourself so no large legal bills and it's normally fairly quick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom