Resin ANH Han Solo blaster

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I only got interested in props last year so I'm quite new to it. There's loads of things I'd like to make or own and I've got a few projects on the go, SW and non SW. I'm not really going for super accuracy at the moment, just having a go at making a few things and learning. The first thing I made was this ANH Han Solo blaster from a resin kit. I'd like to have an accurate metal one eventually but I'm happy with this for now. Really enjoyed doing it and it didn't cost a fortune.

IMG_0474(2) (small).jpg
IMG_0475(2) (small).jpg

IMG_0481(2) (small).jpg
IMG_0485(2) (small).jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mate that is great work, you nailed the paintwork - nicely weathered, really looks the business.
Such an iconic piece of SW and all the better because you made it yourself.
Can't wait to see more of you work/collection

Robstyley

Sith Lord
db94 said:
Mate that is great work, you nailed the paintwork - nicely weathered, really looks the business.
Such an iconic piece of SW and all the better because you made it yourself.
Can't wait to see more of you work/collection

Thanks man, you're too kind :wink:

itfciain

Grand Master
That looks fantastic Rob - really amazing work

Shameless plug here - but if you want a stand for it then I can get you one (personalised as well!) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Han-Solo-DL-44-Blaster-acrylic-display-stand-black-base-w-engrave-/261782112344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf36e0858

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Thanks Iain. I'm not sure it's worthy of a stand!? :lol: To be honest I'm not precious with it, it just sits on the DVD's and I play around with it when I'm watching films. If and when I get round to doing or buying a metal one I'll get back to you, will prob need a stand for that 8)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Edit: I changed the title of this thread because I think it's better to have a different thread for each item/project than one thread for all. Unless it's a showcase of all of someones work or prop collection (like Grinchys) I think it makes more sense. You will then be able to search for a particular prop you're interested in or discuss a certain prop in that thread because it will have the prop name in the thread title. Just an idea. What do people think?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
That looks brilliant mate 8)

Was this a full resin kit, or one of the kits to add to a rubies blaster?

Looks brill, and the paint/ weathering is spot on

grinchy

Sith Lord
Good idea on the thread title change, i will make a separate thread for any new projects to, again nice work on the blaster mate

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
That looks brilliant mate 8)

Was this a full resin kit, or one of the kits to add to a rubies blaster?

Looks brill, and the paint/ weathering is spot on

Thanks Mike. It's a full resin kit from someone called Doopydoos, he sells them on ebay. When it arrives it's in several parts and looks like this:

P1050084(2)(small).jpg

It's a pretty good kit, the sharpness and detail is quite good, not that I'm an expert! It needs quite a lot of finishing with a knife and filling and sanding etc. I mostly sprayed it with car spraypaint except the handle and weathering which I did with a brush.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I was so inspired that I've spent the last couple of days building and painting the 'Greedo Killer' version. As a first attempt at a gun/blaster kit it was pretty easy to put together and I'm happy with it so far... A bit shiny in places and super close up, I've left a finger print in the paint :shock: but its given me confidence to have another go at another prop type item in the future

IMG_3040_zpsbbn4odtx.jpg

IMG_3041_zpskh3lzamc.jpg

Really glad you shared your images as I'd have never given the idea a thought, let alone been brave enough to give it a go :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom