Could anyone help with authenticating this item please

shrek

Padawan
Here I have a princess leia autograph that I bought in all good faith thinking that the certification was important but it turns out it doesn't mean anything so could someone have a look and give there opinion please thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20170809_144244.jpg
    IMG_20170809_144244.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 3,114
  • IMG_20170809_144021.jpg
    IMG_20170809_144021.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 3,123
  • IMG_20170809_144426.jpg
    IMG_20170809_144426.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 3,112

subzero

Sith Lord
I recognise that hologram sticker, type in 'hologram sticker' into ebay and you'll find ones for sale in the thousands that look exactly like that one with the serial numbers printed on them.

subzero

Sith Lord
Just found the same hologram sticker for sale here..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Memorabilia-hologram-labels-stickers-20mm-sq-VOID-tamper-evident-x-500-serials/391356478518?epid=1458467694&hash=item5b1ea9f436:g:3IsAAOSw7rlZ5JXx

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Not the first time he's done it either...

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/elton-john-autograph

subzero

Sith Lord
This Anthony Gilliam is gonna be having to watch for dropping the soap on a daily basis if he carries on doing this ****.

Tony jedi

Padawan
OMG that is terrible. My 6 year old could do a better Carrie than that. People need to realise that if they can fake the Auto then the COA can be faked too. If the auto seller is a member of UACC and or AFTAL then its kosher. These bodies take Autographs very seriously and anyone caught selling fakes face heavy serious penalties. Im sorry to say that the Carrie you have pictured is a fake. I have met her three times plus seen many of her auto over the years and this looks nothing like hers. The COA is not worth the paper its printed on. On the COA there is no mention of UACC or AFTAL that alone would send alarm bells ringing.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Coas are good depending who issued it. Beckett are good as you can check their website to check the exact serial numbered photo before you buy it. But you pay a premium for it.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Tony jedi said:
If the auto seller is a member of UACC and or AFTAL

Unfortunately that means absolutely nothing nowadays. You can add PSA,JSA and god knows who else to the list. If i want an autograph verified ill go through Beckett.

Lee

emilywallis

Youngling
Hi Shrek,

Am posting from the BBC ONE series, Fake Britain. We're putting on a special event at East Bristol Auction House on Saturday 10th November looking at film memorabilia and asking people to come along with items to be authenticated - we'll have experts on hand to look at pieces and would love to see your Princess Leia autograph - we'll have the autograph expert, Gary King, on hand to give you an answer and valuation. We could cover your travel expenses. Drop me a line for more details [email protected]

lejackal

Grand Master
emilywallis said:
Hi Shrek,

Am posting from the BBC ONE series, Fake Britain. We're putting on a special event at East Bristol Auction House on Saturday 10th November looking at film memorabilia and asking people to come along with items to be authenticated - we'll have experts on hand to look at pieces and would love to see your Princess Leia autograph - we'll have the autograph expert, Gary King, on hand to give you an answer and valuation. We could cover your travel expenses. Drop me a line for more details [email protected]
It is rather ironic that you are using EBA to host this authentication day when some of their auction listing practices are known to be questionable at best.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
emilywallis said:
Hi Shrek,

It is 100% fake. I dont care if its Gary King or even Wayne Kin authenticating. That is an awfu! attempt at Carrie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom