Graflex 2.0 or 2.5

lejackal

Grand Master
This year I fancy putting my own Saber together and would like some advice if possible please?

I know Lee posted last year or maybe 2016 about the graflex 2.0 kits but I'm not sure if anything came of it. Anyway, there now looks to be a 2.5 kit on the market for around the same 200 USD price point, I just wondered if anyone had built either of them, maybe even both?

Are they essentially the same? Is one better than the other? Do you need to be Uber skilled to put them together?

Thanks

Carl

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Go Korbanth or if you can push a little more, Romans Empire. Love my Korbanth and also get the parts to do whatever version you want -ESB, ANH, TFA etc.

spoons

Grand Master
A colleague gave me this just before Christmas - genuine Graflex with some 3D printed ad ons. To say that I was made up is an understatement :mrgreen:

graflex.JPG

lejackal

Grand Master
_Lee_ said:
Go Korbanth or if you can push a little more, Romans Empire. Love my Korbanth and also get the parts to do whatever version you want -ESB, ANH, TFA etc.
Thanks Lee.

Second question I guess would be are they fairly straightforward to put together?

lejackal

Grand Master
spoons said:
A colleague gave me this just before Christmas - genuine Graflex with some 3D printed ad ons. To say that I was made up is an understatement :mrgreen:

graflex.JPG
Now that is some Christmas present :shock: 8)

spoons

Grand Master
lejackal said:
spoons said:

graflex.JPG

I was a bit surpirsed. It was in a whisky bottle case and I thought that was a nice enough gift :oops:

spoons

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
Are the original Graflex flash bits easily available and expensive?

They are on ebay from anywhere between £50 and £300 and there are always a few ofr sale

I think this is the one I have

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graflex-No-2772-Multi-Cell-Flash-Gun-Star-Wars-Luke-Lightsaber/292187507030?hash=item4407bb8956:g:IsAAAOSw~jNZYAv7

The guy that made it is getting copies tooled so will look to sell those when he is up and running

lejackal

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
Are the original Graflex flash bits easily available and expensive?
One sold for £540 the other day on eBay, another thread from Lee a while ago mentioned people could be willing to go up to 1000usd for the correct original one. I guess it depends if the person selling knows what it is in terms of SW and the marketplace it's sold in

_Lee_

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
_Lee_ said:
Thanks Lee.

Second question I guess would be are they fairly straightforward to put together?

Piece of piss. you will do it in 10 mins :)

lejackal

Grand Master
_Lee_ said:
lejackal said:
_Lee_ said:
Thanks Lee.

Piece of piss. you will do it in 10 mins :)
Nice one, thanks mate. I'll post an update once I've got one. :)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
spoons said:
lejackal said:
spoons said:

graflex.JPG

I was a bit surpirsed. It was in a whisky bottle case and I thought that was a nice enough gift :oops:

What did you buy him?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
This year I fancy putting my own Saber together and would like some advice if possible please?

I know Lee posted last year or maybe 2016 about the graflex 2.0 kits but I'm not sure if anything came of it. Anyway, there now looks to be a 2.5 kit on the market for around the same 200 USD price point, I just wondered if anyone had built either of them, maybe even both?

Are they essentially the same? Is one better than the other? Do you need to be Uber skilled to put them together?

Thanks

Carl

Related to this thread, Carl:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=35705

lejackal

Grand Master
Finally got one, Roman props dropped their ready made and battle worn price to $99 at Christmas. Not sure exactly what is battle worn about it but it's bloody AMAZING :!:
E5075905-CEF9-4A80-A944-D393CD2EDD53.jpeg

lejackal

Grand Master
Graflex 2.0,
Multi-parts advanced chassis assembly, with metal shell and crystal chamber (revealed by unscrewing the bottom section). Easy access to the SD card and Recharge port (unscrewing the pommel only). Compatible with both 7/8″ and 1″ blade holders.
MultiBoards Adaptive Chassis design 4.0 => Proffieboard, NB4, PRizm5.1, CF9, I3 (and other NEC boards)
Not what I was asking for and four years late. Bravo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom