Seeing Episodes 7-9 All For The First Time Tonight

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Seeing Episodes 7-9 All For The First Time Tonight

Post by StarWarsFan »

Snaketibe wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:48 pm
If people enjoy the sequel films, then good luck to them. I don't, and personally regard the Expanded Universe as canon instead, beginning (albeit not chronologically ;-)) with 'Heir to the Empire'. So if, like me, you dislike the sequels and wish Disney hadn't bothered making them, then you have about 80 novels of material to read and enjoy instead... and that's just the books set after 'Return of the Jedi'. There's dozens more set before it :-D
Totally agree mate have read the Thrawn Trilogy and its brilliant along with shadows of the empire why could we have gotten these films :(. Would be fine with new actors playing the roles or a CGI film.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You

100sounds
New User
New User

Post by 100sounds »

Snaketibe wrote:
If people enjoy the sequel films, then good luck to them. I don't, and personally regard the Expanded Universe as canon instead, beginning (albeit not chronologically ;-)) with 'Heir to the Empire'. So if, like me, you dislike the sequels and wish Disney hadn't bothered making them, then you have about 80 novels of material to read and enjoy instead... and that's just the books set after 'Return of the Jedi'. There's dozens more set before it :-D
I've had some time to digest these films now and yeah, I don't have a desire to watch them again.

Snaketibe, could you recommend where to start with the expanded universe novels? I still have a hunger for more Star Wars but Disney just aren't doing it for me. I'm happy to start looking elsewhere to see if anyone else has done a better job, whether it's cannon or not.

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

100sounds wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:04 pm
Snaketibe wrote:
I've had some time to digest these films now and yeah, I don't have a desire to watch them again.

Snaketibe, could you recommend where to start with the expanded universe novels? I still have a hunger for more Star Wars but Disney just aren't doing it for me. I'm happy to start looking elsewhere to see if anyone else has done a better job, whether it's cannon or not.
Sure! The first officially Lucasfilm-sanctioned continuation novels (set after Return of the Jedi) to be written were the 'Heir to the Empire' trilogy by Timothy Zahn in the early 90's. Because so many other books have been written since, you will find that some of them take place before the events of 'Heir to the Empire', but I would say that those first 3 books are as good a place to start as any. The titles (in release and reading order) are, 'Heir to the Empire', 'Dark Force Rising' and 'The Last Command'.

Enjoy! :-)