ROTJ
R1
TLJ
TFA
TPM
Solo
ROTS
AOTC

The first 4 are fixed, as is AOTC at the bottom. The others are interchangeable.

WTF is that in 5th place!!? You're just asking me to ban you now! Lol :wink: :lol:

:lol: :lol: I must admit I haven't watched TLJ, TFA or TPM for a while so they might move around if I do. Just give me a few weeks to appreciate the new forum layout before you do!!

Chico

Jedi Knight
-ESB
-ROTJ
-TLJ
-Mandalorian (counting this as one 4 hr movie!)
-ANH
-TFA
-R1
-TPM
-ROS
-SOLO
-AOTC
-ROTS

jayums

Jedi Master
Best to worst for me ...

1. Star Wars
2. Empire
3. Jedi

(Massive gap)

4. Rise of Skywalker
5. Rogue One - for all the OT throw backs

(Another gap)

6. Force Awakens - for the first half n hour which was great
7. Solo - like Mandalorian, not bad , just very ... sterile.
8. The making of the phantom menace documentary - unintentionally hilarious. it's like spinal tap.

9. Holiday special. So bad it's... still bad.

(Sarlaac pit-like chasm)

10 -12. The prequels - equally awful. Tried watching them again recently, and they haven't improved with age. Turned all of them off within half an hour.

13. Genital warts.

14. Last Jedi.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
jayums said:
Best to worst for me ...

1. Star Wars
2. Empire
3. Jedi

(Massive gap)

4. Rise of Skywalker
5. Rogue One - for all the OT throw backs

(Another gap)

6. Force Awakens - for the first half n hour which was great

7. Solo - like Mandalorian, not bad , just very ... sterile.
8. The making of the phantom menace documentary - unintentionally hilarious. it's like spinal tap.

9. Holiday special. So bad it's... still bad.

(Sarlaac pit-like chasm)

10 -12. The prequels - equally awful. Tried watching them again recently, and they haven't improved with age. Turned all of them off within half an hour.

13. Genital warts.

14. Last Jedi.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

same as above apart from
Empire
SW
Jedi

Palifan

Sith Lord
For me right now the list goes -

1/2 - SW/ESB - This ranking can change at any given time although if pushed I'd probably go SW in the top spot as it works so well as a stand alone film.

3/4 - ROTJ/R1 - This is almost like the above pairing where there's one film for a more general audience and one for an older audience. I can see why R1 maybe didn't hit home quite as well with the younger crowd (especially coming after TFW), but I do feel that they got so much right with it and at the moment it's the one film I've probably gone back more to than anything other than the OT. Jedi was always a little off for me growing up after seeing the the first 2 but it is part of the original trilogy so has to be in this top section.

5/6 - TFA/TROS - I'll have to see TROS again to know for sure about this but these were both very entertaining films (especially if you don't give them much thought lol), and they have some great parts to them. I especially liked how TROS started as it felt very different to what's come before and made me wish that this new trilogy had started in this way a little instead of becoming a sort of soft re-boot.

7 - Solo - Apart from the start of this film which just has the wrong tone for SW for me I had a good time with this one and still enjoy seeing it.

8 - TPM - There's so much wrong with this film but it still feels like a SW film to me and there's something about it that still holds my attention.....maybe I'm a sucker for a good trade dispute!

9 - TLJ - I watched this a couple of times in the cinema and did enjoy it but it's the one that I'm least drawn to to re-watch. It's a strange film with some very odd characters and dialogue, not to mention the direction it went in. It could possibly be worse than ROTS for me but I'll have to give it some time to see.
TLJ

10/11 - ROTS/AOTC - Well no real surprises here I guess when ROTS has only a night out at the opera and AOTC the seismic charges sound effect going for them. Just a big miss on the pair of them for me but I will still re-watch these so even when SW gets bad it just goes to show that it's still worth suffering through at times. :D

Ian

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Empire Strikes Back
Rogue One
Rise of Skywalker
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Force Awakens
Solo
Phantom Menace
Last Jedi
Attack of the Clones

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Solo
5. The Last Jedi
6. Rogue One
7. The Phantom Menace
8. The Rise of Skywalker
9. The Force Awakens
10. The Revenge of The Sith
11. The Attack of the Clones

Those I rank as 4 and 5 swap around a bit as do 6 and 7 for me
Those I rank as 9, 10 and 11 are a long way behind my top eight, if I watched any of those three once a year I'd be surprised.
Rise of Skywalker is still pretty new, so I'm not settled on how I rank it fully. it's just about hanging on to the top eight, but could fall into the bottom three with more watches, I can't though see it climbing much, if any higher.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
As it stands, need to watch TROS again though.

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
ROTS
R1
Solo
TROS
TFA
TPM
AOTC
TLJ

I watched Solo the other day and I think The Rise of Skywalker may go above Solo after more viewings.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
HOLY TRINITY:
ESB
SW
ROTJ

Fine additions:
TPM
R1

Mediocre with some great bits:
TFA
ROTS
Solo

Heartbreaking Trashy poor fan fiction:
TROS
TLJ
AOTC

spoons

Grand Master
Interesting thread. TROS really does divide opinion, probably more so than any SW film before it. I saw Solo more as fan fiction, very much agree with the thought that it was a made for TV kind of film

Here's my latest list - TFA has dropped since I last did this, loved it when it came out

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
R1
TROS
TFA
TPM
ROTS
Solo
AOTC
TLJ

jayums

Jedi Master
Although I don't mind a few of the new films and found them entertaining (Solo/ROS), for me the sequels and especially the prequels do nothing but diminish the original films.

I occasionally try to watch the prequels and people seem keen to convince me they are any good, particularly Revenge of the Sith. I could tolerate it just being boring, but it's worse than that.

Case in point - Yoda. As a kid I thought Yoda was just really old and not able to fight, and much too spiritual / magical for all of that anyway. I imagined him living on dagobah for most of his life, training Jedis ... Instead, in the prequels he runs a local council badly, does nothing, looks weird, fights in a stupid way, loses, talks in a silly way that is not consistent with the OT, and then goes into exile for no real reason whilst his mates get slaughtered around the universe.

There are literally hundreds of ways the prequels and sequels make the originals worse for me, and whilst I find some of them entertaining, for me the prequels (and expanded universe stuff which just fills in movie plot holes) just taint the originals. I know others love it all and I don't begrudge them, but it's not for me.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
I dident love the prequels but I dident hate them either, I thought ROTS was the best of the 3, though quite slow it
Had some key moments and some entertaining scenes.
My all time favourite is ROTJ just because i loved it so much as a kid and remember watching it over Xmas with the family.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
As it stands, need to watch TROS again though.

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
ROTS
R1
Solo
TROS
TFA
TPM
AOTC
TLJ

I watched Solo the other day and I think The Rise of Skywalker may go above Solo after more viewings.

I'm watching them all in time line order at the moment, I'm up to ANH and think it may have to go back on top! ESB next, so I'm giving it a chance to hold on.

star_wars

i -having considered all things- categorize star wars movies in 2 parts :
old star wars
new star wars
this may seem vague but this actually makes sense to me. having categorized my star wars in this way i can tell you that old ones are far more valuable to me than new ones.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
star_wars said:
i -having considered all things- categorize star wars movies in 2 parts :
old star wars
new star wars
this may seem vague but this actually makes sense to me. having categorized my star wars in this way i can tell you that old ones are far more valuable to me than new ones.

Yeah think everyone agrees with you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom