THE FORCE AWAKENS - Theatrical Poster - IT'S HERE!!

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: THE FORCE AWAKENS - Theatrical Poster - IT'S HERE!!

Post by _Lee_ »

naughtyjedi wrote:you do know the film opens with a rampant love scene between Han and Leia with Chewie watching from the wardrobe sniggering :lol:
Ha, the voyeur strikes back-Chewie choking the chicken / having a tug over some OAP's :lol:

I certainly hope we dont see leias knockers pop out on screen. Surely she would need scaffolding to stop them reaching her knees :D
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by darth_daddius »

_Lee_ wrote:
naughtyjedi wrote:you do know the film opens with a rampant love scene between Han and Leia with Chewie watching from the wardrobe sniggering :lol:
Ha, the voyeur strikes back-Chewie choking the chicken / having a tug over some OAP's :lol:

I certainly hope we dont see leias knockers pop out on screen. Surely she would need scaffolding to stop them reaching her knees :D
You guys are incorrigible.....
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

What is that in the background on the poster ? is it a planet with something strange on it or is it a new super weapon, maybe a death star ?

Ian_C
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Ian_C »

_Lee_ wrote: Excuse me whilst i contact Ian C for a bitchfest :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hahaha, I'm here Lee. Trying very hard not to rain on the parade of people here. We're in the minority here, and I don't want to step on too many toes. ;)

But......
_Lee_ wrote: I certainly hope we dont see leias knockers pop out on screen. Surely she would need scaffolding to stop them reaching her knees :D
That's why they waited until 2015 to release this. CGI is advanced enough now that those can be fixed. :mrgreen:

If that really is another Death Star, then this officially moves away from sequel and becomes remake (or "re-imagining"). Together with Star Destroyers, TIE Fighters, Falcon, Stormtroopers, Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, 3PO, R2-D2, X-Wings, a Sith wearing all black and a mask, desert scene (*which we swear isn't Tatooine, honest, really*), speeder bikes, etc., I wonder if there's even room for an original idea in this? And that's not even the little things that I'm sure we'll see. No doubt we'll have Jawas and various other known aliens in there too.

This poster reminds me of the Special Edition posters. No subtlety, just cram in as many characters and ships as possible. Oh, and lightsabers.

And.....I see PT levels of being let down are rearing their heads. For every thumbs up comment I see here, I see "not for me", "too photoshopped", "too busy", etc. The PT suffered drastically from people not being able to lower their expectations. People were so excited, it could have won 25 Academy Awards, made a gazillion dollars, and been named the greatest cinematic achievement in history - and people would have still been let down. The PT is not horrible - but many feel that way because it couldn't meet what they expected it to be. The same thing is going to happen to this. I not only predict, but guarantee, that within 2-3 months after it's released and the excited fanboying is over, the criticisms will start to surpass the accolades. Hell, it's already started, with the freaking POSTER!

Ian
I've paid my dues
Time after time.
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒
I've made a few.
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

Come visit us - www.tantivexi.com

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by _Lee_ »

darth_daddius wrote:
_Lee_ wrote:

You guys are incorrigible.....
I know, im beyond help :D
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

Dantooine
Regular
Regular

Post by Dantooine »

Not a fan of the poster. Photoshopped to buggery. Where's the style? And once again, everything is blue and orange!!!

Managed to get two tickets fairly easily, Odeon Leicester square, midnight showing... The atmosphere will be amazing. :D

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Bonsai_Tree_Ent »

Five more 'character' posters just released... here: http://thefilmstage.com/news/star-wars- ... r-posters/

jones1328
New User
New User

Post by jones1328 »

Another new Star Wars trailer has just dropped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAUiyeJMFQ