Serious thread about Lukes lightsaber.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
You will have to watch the new film to find out Lee.

Seriously it's Star Wars, don't take it to seriously. They fly from one side of the galaxy to another in minutes, use laser guns, tractor beams and magical powers, but wireless head phones are a problem? Now your asking how they have found a lightsaber?

Joe

Grand Master
I'm sure everything that happens in TFA will have been extremely well thought out. Fanboys are a tough crowd to please after all ;)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
You will have to watch the new film to find out Lee.

Seriously it's Star Wars, don't take it to seriously. They fly from one side of the galaxy to another in minutes, use laser guns, tractor beams and magical powers, but wireless head phones are a problem? Now your asking how they have found a lightsaber?

This is the problem for prequel haters and new film sceptics you've grown up and take Star Wars to seriously. Just chill out and enjoy it for what it is. :(

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
My theory is that Darth ordered his troops to find the lightsaber after their fight on Bespin. They also found his hand still attached and cryo-froze it. Then they cloned a dark Luke Skywalker from it. Possibly Kylo-Ren ?!?!?

threesheepio

Padawan
Might not have been too hard too find. Luke fell in the same abyss and got sucked into that pipe thing.

I've always thought of that suction pipe thing as a sort of debris hoover (I do tend to over think my SW :lol: ), so feasible the hand and saber also got hoovered up.

But probably totally wrong.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Will be interesting! When Luke falls out of the garbage chute and crashes onto the weather vane in ESB, I'm sure you can see his hand/saber falling away below Cloud City. Will have a close look next time I watch it.

lejackal

Grand Master
You do see something fall away as he drops out but the hand has been used before to create a clone Luke by Joruus C'Baoth in The Last Command although that is now a different timeline

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
Lee - seriously go into this with an open mind, because if you are going to kill this movie before you have seen it, you may has well not see it all.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Who says it's Luke's lightsaber from ESB?!? It could be a different one. Luke or someone else could have made it after ROTJ. Maybe it was his favourite, he was gutted to lose it and just like us wanting toys we had 30 years ago he thought **** it, I'm gona make that lightsaber again :lol:

There are already lightsaber inconsistencies. If you think about ANH, the story Ben gives Luke about - "I have something for you, your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough but your uncle wouldn't allow it" is bollocks because Luke and Leia were hidden away about the same time Anakin turned into Vader. Anakin/Vader didn't know where they or Ben were and presumably never went back to Tatooine to see Lars so how could he have given the lightsaber to Ben? He bullshitted Luke about the saber as well as about how his father died.

Fat dad

I would say REY found it in the wreckage of a destroyer ( you see her climbing around in one in the last trailer ,she could have found it there ? Just a thought ) ps hello I'm fat dad I've joined as I'm clearing my loft and have a few old pieces I'll try and see if anyone's interested in before the tip :(

lejackal

Grand Master
Fat dad said:
I would say REY found it in the wreckage of a destroyer ( you see her climbing around in one in the last trailer ,she could have found it there ? Just a thought ) ps hello I'm fat dad I've joined as I'm clearing my loft and have a few old pieces I'll try and see if anyone's interested in before the tip :(

I know we don't mind swearing but threatening the tip for old figures is a bit strong!!! :shock:

Welcome to the forum! :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
_Lee_ said:
Guys,

Just thought id throw this out there and wanted to get everyones thoughts/opinions on it. I know its not really vintage ( well in some way it is ) but i know loads of members only frequent this section. So without further delay:

How the hell has Lukes ESB Lightsaber popped up in TFA??

Thats all :)

Lee, these are vintage forums so please refrain from posting about TFA.

:D :D

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I know it's been requested before but can we please have a spoiler section for TFA threads pre-release? Or at least have a rule about marking threads up that contain spoilers?

Fat dad

Thank you and sorry about the tip remark : I was just assuming if any of the items were not vintage Star Wars ,then I'm sure I'll be told to jog on - to the tip :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
peekaygee73 said:
I know it's been requested before but can we please have a spoiler section for TFA threads pre-release? Or at least have a rule about marking threads up that contain spoilers?

I don't really see how anything in this thread is a "spoiler", it's just pure speculation and guess work! All anybody has to go on is the trailers, nobody has seen anything near the final cut or leaked the script.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
peekaygee73 said:

I don't really see how anything in this thread is a "spoiler", it's just pure speculation and guess work! All anybody has to go on is the trailers, nobody has seen anything near the final cut or leaked the script.
That's fair enough, it's just that as someone who's avoided all info about TFA (to the extent I don't even know character names beyond the obvious) I can't differentiate between speculation and spoilers! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom