Be careful....

phreatobite

Jedi Master
A lot of spoilers flying around. I might have to shut myself in a dark room for a couple of days. I'm determined that the internet and social media are not going to ruin my first experience of TFA.

Fingers crossed.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I hear you.....
Just arranged for someone to cover my shift at work tomorrow as I know a couple of guys that would just love to drop a few spoilers!
PC off, mobile off - going to sit and watch ROTJ until it's time to leave.

My worry is someone in the cinema will be mouthing off as we are waiting for the film to start :eek:

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
I've just watched a few short videos on the BBC website, related to the premiere at Hollywood...fortunately, there are no spoilers...some fans are asked for their opinions outside, having just left the theatre...but they have been instructed to keep quiet and only sais that Star Wars fans will LOVE the new movie...it has the old atmosphere back and leaves the viewer feeling warm...

When that music starts...I can sense the skin starting to tingle...the tightening of the throat...and the tears welling up...

Whenever, wherever, however you see it guys...I hope you all enjoy it.

MTFBWY

Roll on tomorrow night! :D

stormcab

Sith Lord
This is really pissing me off. I heard on the premier that there is a worldwide embargo on critics, but glanced a tweet from the BBC that said something along the lines of "the first reviews are out". I wanted to shout "F*** OFF". Some people seem determined to spoil things.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Unfortunately, thats the way of the world. You dont have to read or look up spoilers, but with media and the digital age it is nigh on impossible to ignore. Ive been one of the biggest critics of the new movies but will watch it myself before my opinion is cemented. I havent read any spoilers or anything yet but there are some good reviews. It was exactly like when TPM was released, with Maul basically pulling that one out of the air for them. He was such a bad ass that people love the film, but after a while the movie itself seems to become insigificant and boring.

Anyway, ive changed my avatar to Jar Jar Abrams, and if im wrong ill replace it will a JJ is King design :D

Ian_C

Jedi Master
DARTH VADER said:
some fans are asked for their opinions outside, having just left the theatre...but they have been instructed to keep quiet and only sais that Star Wars fans will LOVE the new movie...it has the old atmosphere back and leaves the viewer feeling warm...

Keep in mind, that ANYONE who saw the movie yesterday did so by special invitation by those involved in it. Most of them will be friends & family, or other Hollywood celebrities. NONE of them are going to publicly say anything negative, for fear of being blackballed by Disney/Abrams/etc. The closest you got was Eric Stonestreet (did I spell that right?), who said basically that he saw it, and it will be the #1 movie this weekend, lol.

Anyway, the point is, no public review yet will be a good gauge on what to expect. Whether you guys love it/hate it/whatever, don't let these early comments influence you one way or another.

Ian

phreatobite

Jedi Master
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! I've just had a fairly big spoiler shoved in my face :evil: I was being careful not to look on news sites or social media but people just want to go out and spoil it for because they think it's funny.

This is ridiculous, I am going to have to shut myself away in a dark room.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom