5 Star reviews! (No spoilers)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just read the first couple of paragraphs of the BBC News site. The Daily Telegraphs and The Times have both given it 5 Stars!!!

I didn't dare read any further in case there were spoilers but it's all looking good :)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Seemingly word on the street is that it was largely loved by those who saw it. A couple of comments were made along the lines of if you love Star Wars you are in for a treat.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Feel sick mate.

I wonder if the trolls will still hate a film they have never seen if worldwide consensus is that its great? :? :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
I go to see it tomorrow afternoon, 1:15pm. So excited I on't know what to do with myself!! Lol

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
Feel sick mate.

I wonder if the trolls will still hate a film they have never seen if worldwide consensus is that its great? :? :lol:

Grant,

With all due respect bud, you cant go around saying things like that. Im assuming that was meant for the likes of Ian and myself who dont have any interest. If it wasnt meant like that, i apologise. Ive said it would break records all along, because the hype and run up has been like nothing this world has ever seen.

On another note, my lad came home from school today asking if we are going :eek: he has been mad on Marvel for the past few months but Star Wars has been the talk of the school playground this week. Whether i like if or not, i have to take him. I said i wouldnt be going but i cant let him down....

Anyway, enjoy yourself and have a great night.

Lee

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Lee Bullock said:
I think with all due respect to you too Lee; Grant can say what he wants - just as much as you can and have Lee!

The difference here Lee is that he's referring to us as "trolls", where _Lee_ and myself have not referred to you guys as "sheep" or any other derogatory term.

I can't reply much yet without spoilers, but I have read several of the reviews, and the points that are being praised right now are going to turn around and be the source of contempt once the hype and excitement goes down. I'm referring to plot, not effects, acting, etc. And of course, not everyone will see it that way. Some will love it regardless.

I also agree, it has a shot at breaking the opening weekend record. The presale thing matters not one bit, since half of that $100 million is for opening weekend. It only means $50 or so has been sold for this weekend. Still needs $150 million or more for the record from people who didn't bother to buy tickets in advance. It just means one statistic that it now holds a record for, and I'll give credit where it's due for that.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom