SPOILER - Bad guy vs Good guy

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Well, im taking Sonny to see the movie hopefully Sunday. However, i was shown the clip of Han v Kylo today, and man that really got to me, especially when he touched Kylos face and you hear some OT music playing and then hear Chewie roar. I am so cut up about it. Its the first clip ive watched, before i go see it Sunday. I have to say that scene was extremely well exceuted and acted out.

:cry:

Joe

Grand Master
It's a powerful scene Lee, even though you can sense it coming.. TBH Just before it happened I thought (or hoped..) Kylo Ren was going to listen to Han and take his hand..but then :(

Poor Chewie :(

PS I changed KYLO V HAN to Bad guy vs Good guy just in case someone ventures in here that still hasn't seen it and might not even know what's coming.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes Lee, even though it really saddened me ( was expecting Hans death) I think the scene was done really well, with the reference to han and leias conversation earlier where leia tells Han to bring Ben home ( that messed with my head as Ben is Lukes son with Mara Jade in EU books :roll: ) han says why will he come with me rather than listen to Luke, leia says your his Father.
So it sets up for an emotional scene, and han touches bens face with a look of forgiveness, very sensitive and respectful to Hans character and done well on my opinion.

Enjoy the film, it's brilliant :D

lejackal

Grand Master
The scene was great, I do just wish they hadn't released the Falcon toys without Han, it really did hint he was on the way out :(

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I posted immediately after seeing the film that killing Han had really had a negative impact on the whole film for me, it's a terrific film, but axing the character that I liked the most really pissed on my chips. I'd obviously heard it might be coming, but hoped it was not.

I am amazed that Disney bought a franchise for Billions, reboots it with Harrison Ford on board and then gives the guy an hour or so of screen time before killing him off...absolute madness.

I also feel that we are now left with a Character in Ren that we want to see axed in revenge rather than saved. Honestly why would a viewer want to see that bastard come back the hero in later films ? That casts a shadow over what is to come, imagine the story arc is the redemption of Ren, the bastard killed his own Dad, who happened to be Han Solo...not easy to forgive if you ask me !

The obvious death at the hands of Ren would have been Finn, that would have given Rey as much need to avenge as Solo's demise does.

Also, if episode 8 saw Han, Luke, Chewie back on screen together that would guarantee Box Office, it's not ever going to happen again now and that is a wasted opportunity on a huge scale. Once it all calms down what box office is left with Rey & Chewie ? And in 18 months who honestly will care about Finn ? I think Disney pandered too much to Harrison Ford and got this bit way wrong.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Harrison Ford will be 78 when Ep9 comes out. This is Star Wars, not Cocoon :lol:

They had to move on somehow in the end. Losing your favourite character is tough but I thought the whole second half of the film was focussed strongly around Han and his relationship with Leia and Ren/Ben, much more than the OT ever focussed on him (as Luke got all the limelight). It could be argued that it was his film more than anyone else's.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Was probably the scene that got to me the most....when Chewie roared I swear I felt his pain (sounds soppy but there you go), the woman next to me just burst out crying!

Like me she grew up on the OT movies so we both had a stronger connection to the characters than younger cinema goers who have seen the movies on DVD etc

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Yes I see your point reference Age, and Ford being 78 when episode 9 comes out. However, just because someone is older there is no rationale to kill the character just in case life itself has its way between now and 2019. In 4 years time Hamil could equally have popped off to the Galaxy Far Far Away...

There was other options, other than spearing the guy at the hand of his own son. Letting him fly off into the distance perhaps, or getting Rey to Luke and out that way...well there are other options rather than killing him off. Why the character chooses that moment to walk accross a bridge about to explode makes little sense to me. But hey, character is dead and that really leaves everything else a mute point.

I am going to see the film tomorrow for the second time, bummed out that my Kid has opted out of going due to being "too scared". I guess at only 8 years old I have to accept that :-(

Looking forward to the film as I think it could be better on second viewing. Wish I had skipped the 3D option though !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom