Overall did you like or dislike the Force Awakens?

Overall did you like/enjoy the Force Awakens or dislike/not enjoy the film?

• Like/enjoy the Force Awakens

Votes: 118 89.4%
  • Dislike/not enjoy the Force Awakens

Votes: 14 10.6%

• Total voters

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Wasn't sure on the first viewing. Overwhelmed and to much to take in.

Loved it in the second.

Can't wait for tomorrow. I will be in the cinema this month.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm sitting on the fence, feel like I've been served what the masses wanted at the end of the day. That's what Disney is all about though. Starting to think that I'm a George Lucas fan more than I realise. Don't get me wrong it was a great film and I was holding back the tears during and had moments since when I have been. I just wasn't blown away and that's the first time that's happened after watching a Star Wars film for the first time. For me it's 5th on the list of best Star Wars films but I need to see it at least two more times. :eek:

I've voted yes I liked it a lot and all my personal issues with it aside it's a great film. :D

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
Wasn't sure on the first viewing. Overwhelmed and to much to take in.

Loved it in the second.

Can't wait for tomorrow. I will be in the cinema this month.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've watched it twice, in 2D, and the second time I noticed so much more and absorbed it better. I'll go again in the next couple of weeks 8)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep, definitely going to see it a 3rd time. And I might even have to do a 4th. Just can't beat the big screen.

I see it's broken the opening 24hr UK record. But I also see that US+Canada takings in the first 24hrs weren't (proportionally speaking) as good as the UK? (£9.64m vs. £37m).

Will

Padawan
Yes I absolutely loved it. Of course there are parts which everyone will think are better than others but overall it's hard to see how JJ could have done better And sets things up nicely for the rest of the trilogy. Can't wait to get back for my second viewing

itfciain

Grand Master
Not surprised at the poll results - great film for kids and loads for us 40 year old fans as well - not sure they could have done much else1

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
itfciain said:
Not surprised at the poll results - great film for kids and loads for us 40 year old fans as well - not sure they could have done much else1

Apart from Wright their own story that has no connection to George Lucas as they proclaim. :D :lol: :lol:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I don't hate it (I ****in hate the prequels) and I don't like being negative about it purely because it's always something special to watch SW in the cinema. As my daughter said it's her first proper SW on the big screen but I would have enjoyed it more if I'd known I was going to see a reboot. I was expecting a new story. Honestly think I would have loved it if the original cast hadn't been in it, just a straight forward retelling/reboot.
Really looking forward to rogue1

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
db94 said:
I don't hate it (I ****in hate the prequels) and I don't like being negative about it purely because it's always something special to watch SW in the cinema. As my daughter said it's her first proper SW on the big screen but I would have enjoyed it more if I'd known I was going to see a reboot. I was expecting a new story. Honestly think I would have loved it if the original cast hadn't been in it, just a straight forward retelling/reboot.
Really looking forward to rogue1

I've come to this conclusion, it is total reboot and for that I'm loving the prequels evan more. :shock: :eek:

itfciain

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
itfciain said:

Apart from Wright their own story that has no connection to George Lucas as they proclaim. :D :lol: :lol:

In the end credits it George Lucas is the second name in the credit (think it said based on the characters of George Lucas)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
itfciain said:
theforceuk said:
itfciain said:

In the end credits it George Lucas is the second name in the credit (think it said based on the characters of George Lucas)

That makes me happy, I stayed for the credits but only for the Rogue 1 trailer which never happened!

mumbo

Sith Lord
Despite some issues I did enjoy it and I'll be going back tomorrow to re-digest :)

poncho

Grand Master
97% thumbs up so far

im going to see it again i think at more sensible time. none of this 12.00am malarky although it was worth it :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom