Episode 9...your personal feelings *No Spoilers*

Will you be going to see Ep9 in the cinema?

• Hell yes! I've already given Disney my wallet, bank details and first born.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • I'm interested to see what they do with the next chapter.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I'm on the fence.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • If most fans say it's good, I could be persuaded.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Hell no! I'm making an effigy of Rian and Kathleen that weekend.

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

TK-7785

Jedi Master
The 'Rate TLJ' thread seems to have taken flight again and it got me wondering what the general feeling is towards Episode 9, in terms of your personal desire to see it. Now I don't want to start a **** flinging contest like previous arguments over TLJ, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I'm intrigued to see where people stand on their level of desire to see Ep9.

Now the dust has settled over TLJ, and before the marketing hype over Ep9 starts, perhaps now is an interesting time to gauge the fandom...at least from an old school, vintage basis. :)

This is just a bit of fun. No name calling, shin kicking or poking anyone else in the eye. Just your honest opinion in a poll. :)

indianawars

Sith Lord
It's an all or nothing situation for Disney. If they don't deliver, then that's it. I also think JJ will knock it out of the park! I'm very excited for this one.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'm somewhere between the 4th (If most fans say it's good, I could be persuaded) and 5th (Hell no! I'm making an effigy of Rian and Kathleen that weekend) options. Odds are I won't bother but that's not 100% certain yet. Probably a two thirds to three quarters chance I won't bother. I haven't voted though as that doesn't really fit with either option.

lejackal

Grand Master
This is likely the last hurrah for some of our heroes so I shall be there with bells and whistles.

Once I've vetted it I'll be taking my eldest boy as his first cinematic Star Wars experience. It's a beginning for me, not the end and I'm certainly not being influenced by others

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hell yes!

I'm a Star Wars fan. Can't think of anything more intriguing than how Disney will 'fix' Star Wars.

Plus I heard some stuff that happens that blew my mind. Trailer only days away at Celebration.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Absolutely can't wait for this. Have a lot of faith in JJ and have also heard some of the stuff that happens- sounds phenomenal!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Disney will not be getting my money for IX after hoodwinking me into seeing TLJ. I love Star Wars, but for me the sequels are as dead as Luke, Han and poor Carrie :cry:.

Also, whilst I do like JJ, his track record on coming up with good endings is hardly stellar to put it mildly ('Alias' and 'Lost', anyone?), which doesn't make me any more inclined to see IX.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Yeah I'll go for sure.. it's a Star Wars film. It's £8, a couple of hours, a beer or two in a comfy seat with a massive screen and great sound. Even if it sucks it's a trip to the cinema! :) :lol:

Chico

Jedi Knight
I was too young to see the original Star Wars in the cinema, never thought I'd get to see the prequels nevermind this new batch of movies. Keep them coming!

P.s. just not too fast - every 12-24 months is plenty. They should feel like 'event' movies.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
I'll see it, if the word of mouth is good. Can't say I'm that enthused though, after the travesty of TLJ.
Never thought I'd say that about a new SW movie.

Fascinated to see how well this will do at the box office.
Agree that it's a 'do or die' situation. **** this up and it's not looking good for the franchise.
Sad times :(

GLucas

Padawan
I've watched TFA on the big screen and it was kind of ok to me. But I was mainly triggered by the Falcon, Han and Chewie, nostalgic moments sipping on a beer. Didn't watch TLJ on big screen first waiting some weeks because of negative speculation about the movie. So I decided to watch it after big screen time and I got lost. They had a chance to make it big, but to be honest: it's not that good after all.

Could JJ fix all this? I have no idea, but I think we will get enough sun flares after all... 8) But seriously: I sincere hope that this last episode will show some respect to this broad and vast fanbase. Further more I hope that it will do good to the lovely memory of Carrie Fisher. Fingers crossed... :wink:

Paul1976

Padawan
Perhaps unlike most I enjoyed TFA and TLJ even more. They are not the orginal trilogy which stands alone to my mind. Thus direct comparison is unhelpful and they should be viewed as movies in there own right.

So yes I will be going and hopefully with both kids in tow - but might not be able to take the youngest if its another 12 rated. Or is there flex in that these days? She'll be gutted if she misses out!

P

Latest posts

Top Bottom