EP IX Trailer

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: EP IX Trailer

Post by Darth Bobby » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Really excited to see it but suddenly I feel very old. I worked in a video shop in the 90s and a lad used to come in saying “They’re making the Star Wars prequals!” I didn’t believe him, how could they be making 3 new films? Sounded too good to be true. Suddenly there’s 9 films and the end of the Saga. Used to dream of such a thing when I was a kid. I think it looks good. I reckon JJ will tie up the loose ends. Wonder if anyone asked Lucas how he’d end it? Christmas will be here before you know it, can’t wait. Really wish I was in Chicago now!

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Looks great and has my attention for sure. :shock:

Don't mind the title, the're running out of them after all.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Cazza » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm

I think it's one of those titles that will only truly make sense and sound 'right' once you've seen the film.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TK-7785 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Cazza wrote:I think it's one of those titles that will only truly make sense and sound 'right' once you've seen the film.
I have to agree with you there, mate. This teaser is just that, a tease. This is only hinting at what may or may not come. Lucasfilm will be playing this one very close to their chest. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the "Your Palpatine Theory Sucks" stickers and t-shirts to turn up. :lol:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by _Lee_ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Sorry to sound harsh, but I think it looks shit. They are clinging on to the OT and using it as a way of making amends for episode 8 (so far the only dvd i refuse to buy) and it is obvious. They are not endearing people with this but further distancing themselves from the OT. It is over saturated now and quite honestly pathetic. Why the emporers laugh?? Why the Yavin medal?? What a load of horse shit.

Rogue 1 and Solo.are good.films which deserve a place in the Star Wars universe, the sequel trilogy is a steaming pile.of shit. Maybe my mind was made up after I left the cinema after TLJ.

ROTJ is the end in my eyes.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

Leemcl
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Leemcl » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:54 pm

I cannot forgive Episode 8

That said...

Billy Dee. Let’s hope they don’t kill the poor bugger.

Death Star.....
Yavin Medal.....
Luke....
Lando....

Emperor Laughing at the end....

Could actually not be shit

Especially as Rose Tico is nowhere in sight

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by _Lee_ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:55 pm

TK-7785 wrote: wait for the "Your Palpatine Theory Sucks" stickers and t-shirts to turn up. :lol:
You don't get it. Do you remember the scene in Dallas when Bobby turns up alive after dying? This is simply Kylo cutting himself shaving whilst half asleep and then the Emporer hands him a plaster " do what must be done"

Oh and the Yavin medal was found in Chewbaccas thong.

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by _Lee_ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Leemcl wrote:I cannot forgive Episode 8

That said...

Death Star.....
Yavin Medal.....
Luke....
Lando....

It could even be the Empire ice cream guy having his revenge....

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Cazza » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 pm

_Lee_ wrote:They are not endearing people with this but further distancing themselves from the OT. It is over saturated now and quite honestly pathetic. Why the emporers laugh?? Why the Yavin medal??
Why not, FFS?! Why shouldn't Palpatine play a part in some way e.g. Sith ghost etc? Why shouldn't Leia look at one of the medals? This is the final part of a nine part story- they're all linked.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TK-7785 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Leemcl wrote:I cannot forgive Episode 8

That said...

Death Star.....
Yavin Medal.....
Luke....
Lando....

I wouldn't get your hopes up. If the role call on the Ep9 panel is anything to judge, her screen time will probably be more than minimal. I wonder what anti-capitalist, animal rights crusade she'll be going on this time. :lol:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Dantooine
Regular
Regular

Post by Dantooine » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:47 am

I'm a bit conflicted on this. I thought it was a good trailer, but again it leans heavily on nostalgia... which is what I want (!) but in a way I can't respect it. Also, the fact that JJ gave an interview the other day where he said that two years wasn't long enough to make the film because he was basically starting from scratch makes me think there's a bit of desperation in here. Lando, the Emperor, Han's medal... I don't know, it's nice seeing those things, but it's a bit weak. Don't give the audience what they want, give them what they don''t know they want!

So theories. I think that it's one of the Knights of Ren flying that tie fighter. I also think that it's probably a droid of some sort with an Emperor recording on it, like the one in Battlefront 2. I don't expect the Emperor to be alive, that really would be stretching it. Seeing the wrecked Death Star was probably the best bit for me. Doesn't look like Endor, so maybe it's the first Death Star?

tundra9
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by tundra9 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:27 am

End scene: Luke waking up in shock on Dagobah after Yodas "dinner" in ESB

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by spoons » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:21 am

Dantooine wrote:I'm a bit conflicted on this. I thought it was a good trailer, but again it leans heavily on nostalgia... which is what I want (!) but in a way I can't respect it. Also, the fact that JJ gave an interview the other day where he said that two years wasn't long enough to make the film because he was basically starting from scratch makes me think there's a bit of desperation in here. Lando, the Emperor, Han's medal... I don't know, it's nice seeing those things, but it's a bit weak. Don't give the audience what they want, give them what they don''t know they want!

So theories. I think that it's one of the Knights of Ren flying that tie fighter. I also think that it's probably a droid of some sort with an Emperor recording on it, like the one in Battlefront 2. I don't expect the Emperor to be alive, that really would be stretching it. Seeing the wrecked Death Star was probably the best bit for me. Doesn't look like Endor, so maybe it's the first Death Star?
I wondered if it was practice as no blasters? But then why the saber? Hope the film lives up to the trailer, and totally agree with Cazza, looks like some nice nods to the last to tie up the Skywalker saga.
Last edited by spoons on Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Cardbackkid » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:30 am

Trailer looks decent , love the title .

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by weasel » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:17 am

Pretty underwhelmed by the trailer.

I actually watched it with an open kind, I am interested to see how they try and salvage it from the monstrosity that was Episode 8. Without rekindling that discussion, I think we can all admit the film was 'divisive'. Disney, being a business, will want one the fans predominantly like, so efforts will be made to make this one better/less of a clusterfuck.

The trailer is just very meh for me. Not really anything in there that I thought "wow, that looks good" or that took me back to being a kid and watching SW for one of the first times. Maybe as more trailers are released nearer Christmas we'll get to see more, but that has left me massively underwhelmed.
The odds on me going to watch it just got slimmer.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"