Doing the movie marathon this week.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I decided to watch all the movies in the SW saga this past week. Ive just finished Rogue 1 after watching the PT. I have to say i have a new outlook on the PT now and how it links to the Skywalker tale. Ive often said i liked the PT except for AOTC but now i even like that. After watching them and finishing R1 it really has brought some enthusiasm back. Rogue 1 is a fantastic film and why they didnt let Edwards do the last of the sequels is beyond me. He made that film as a Star Wars fan and that is so evident. The inclusion of Vader and Tarkin really helps it link up to the OT and the Vader scenes at the end when trying to get the plans back is IMO phenomenal. Seeing Leia still brings a lump to my throat and in a way the movie takes me back to OT release back in the day.

Going to start the OT now and looking forward to it. I always told myself id do this every few years and it feels good.

Im not entirely sure ill watch the sequels but Solo is a definate. Im really trying to like the ST but i cant. Maybe after a few years ill think differently.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I've started watching them recently, really is a marathon now. Glad you are loving them! 8)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I did the same thing a couple of months ago. I feel the same as you about the prequels now too. Although I never really hated them I just never put them on the same league as the OT, now I have a further respect for them in how they tell the story arc of the Skywalkers. And the pod race sequence, duel of the fates etc are fantastic scenes.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
I'm still trying to get round to watching ESB. :lol:

You really should give it a go, it's a great movie. I think you'll like it. :lol:

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
I did the same thing a couple of months ago. I feel the same as you about the prequels now too. Although I never really hated them I just never put them on the same league as the OT, now I have a further respect for them in how they tell the story arc of the Skywalkers. And the pod race sequence, duel of the fates etc are fantastic scenes.
I'm starting to agree more with this. I recently rewatched the prequels (phantom edit and attack of the phantom admittedly) with my 7 yr old son and they really to make sense now in context of being attractive to children and adding to the story line. Still not absolutely sure they are great films though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom