SWFUK

Doing the movie marathon this week.

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Doing the movie marathon this week.

Postby _Lee_ » Fri May 10, 2019 9:13 pm

I decided to watch all the movies in the SW saga this past week. Ive just finished Rogue 1 after watching the PT. I have to say i have a new outlook on the PT now and how it links to the Skywalker tale. Ive often said i liked the PT except for AOTC but now i even like that. After watching them and finishing R1 it really has brought some enthusiasm back. Rogue 1 is a fantastic film and why they didnt let Edwards do the last of the sequels is beyond me. He made that film as a Star Wars fan and that is so evident. The inclusion of Vader and Tarkin really helps it link up to the OT and the Vader scenes at the end when trying to get the plans back is IMO phenomenal. Seeing Leia still brings a lump to my throat and in a way the movie takes me back to OT release back in the day.

Going to start the OT now and looking forward to it. I always told myself id do this every few years and it feels good.

Im not entirely sure ill watch the sequels but Solo is a definate. Im really trying to like the ST but i cant. Maybe after a few years ill think differently.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Doing the movie marathon this week.

Postby theforceuk » Fri May 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Yeah I've started watching them recently, really is a marathon now. Glad you are loving them! 8)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:09 pm

I did the same thing a couple of months ago. I feel the same as you about the prequels now too. Although I never really hated them I just never put them on the same league as the OT, now I have a further respect for them in how they tell the story arc of the Skywalkers. And the pod race sequence, duel of the fates etc are fantastic scenes.
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm still trying to get round to watching ESB. :lol:

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:30 am

theforceuk wrote:I'm still trying to get round to watching ESB. :lol:

You really should give it a go, it's a great movie. I think you'll like it. :lol:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Alisdairmac
Regular
Regular

Postby Alisdairmac » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:24 pm

TK-7785 wrote:I did the same thing a couple of months ago. I feel the same as you about the prequels now too. Although I never really hated them I just never put them on the same league as the OT, now I have a further respect for them in how they tell the story arc of the Skywalkers. And the pod race sequence, duel of the fates etc are fantastic scenes.

I'm starting to agree more with this. I recently rewatched the prequels (phantom edit and attack of the phantom admittedly) with my 7 yr old son and they really to make sense now in context of being attractive to children and adding to the story line. Still not absolutely sure they are great films though.

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:51 pm

The prequals are standing the test of time then. :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Films”