If you didnt like the sequels - watch them all. Positive!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Ive just finished watching TLJ which brings to an end my watching of all 8 plus R1. I have to say that its made me realise the sequels are not as bad as some (including me) thought. There is a deeper meaning to both films and although TLJ at first seemed poor there is so much more than i realised. Yes, the acting in parts is wooden but so was some of th PT. However, it adds more to the eventua! climax that will be episode 9. You have to really look into the film intdntly and have patience.

Im glad i decided to do this as it has rekindled my love of the saga. Trust me, watch al! the films i order and it will make you rethink it all.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Who are you and what have you done with Lee? :lol:

Seriously though, I agree with you. I'm working my way through them in order and the big picture of them all together is incredible. There are bits I don't like in all of the prequels and TLJ, but as a whole, they are amazing.

Solo works really well in the mix, as well 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Cazza said:

You beat me to it. Someone has clearly hacked Lee's account. Or else he's smoked a LOT
of some pretty powerful ****.

The bad acting never really bothered me. The acting in the OT was pretty ropey in places. I can kinda block it out. The prequels annoyed me cos of the CGI, Jar-Jar, and well, they were pretty boring. The latest trilogy were fine until that abomination TLJ. It just takes everything we knew, or thought we knew, and ****s it out the window for.....well, no real reason. The plot is pretty much, Speed in space. Albeit with even more holes in it. Then we have Luke dying, the Mary Poppins bit, the "comedy", the 30min sequence with Finn, Rose and Poe, etc etc.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I seriously think that if your passionate about SW, some people can build themselves up then see the film and be disappointed, and then as you say Lee over time that fades and you see them again from a more calmed perspective.
For me SW and a new film is always a buzz, I don't have any expectations, just watch it as a new SW film and always enjoy, it as much an event as well for me ( me and my lad have a tradition now, just me and him go to the earliest showing we can, we collect together and watch the new films together, so it's an added buzz)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm always watching them, as bad as some of them are it's still Star Wars. I have to admit though the older I get the harder I find it to watch any film more than once. I just sit their thinking jesus their are a lot of other films I could be watching now. ESB is next in line for me. :lol:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Fair enough, have tried watching TFA 3 times after the 3rd never again, even watching Cinema Sins video associated with it was hard, TLJ not a chance though couldn't sit through it again. See where Lee is getting at.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I've always said, if you personally manage to like a film most (or many) others don't, then kudos to you for managing that (to quote a friend who once said that to me after I told him I enjoyed 'Waterworld' :lol: ). For me however, TLJ changed too much and delivered so little of what I wanted to see that I can and will never like or forgive either it or Rian Johnson. For those who do manage enjoy / tolerate it, I'm happy for you.

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
To each his own, opinions are but the reflection of your own vision and interpretation of the art.

Personally, I could not imagine any movie ever coming near to what the original trilogy did and still do for me.

The prequels are fair to good with some excellent scenes and plot threads mixed in throughout.

As far as the sequel trilogy, I for one have no hatred for either work and am looking forward to Episode IX. The Force Awakens followed the original story a little too much for me but is still a good movie and I understand why it played the way it did. The Last Jedi has faults but really just the one major issue for me - what is commonly known as the Mary Poppins scene...no further comment on that as it has already been stated :D and personally, I can't see why Kylo Ren was not altered physically to better fit the role. How about enhancing Adam Driver's natural pale look and dark eyes..?..they should have considered making his skin really sickly pale and his eyes black...and maybe paint on some signs of the beginning of age webs over his face etc, that would look superb and fit the character of somebody who has strayed from the Light. Not suggesting he look like Palpatine in Episode III or anything but a touch of the twisted look would make such a difference.

There is plenty to like about the sequel trilogy...

UKS

Jedi Knight
I could watch the OT every day and still get value from it.

The prequels? Maybe not so much.

The Disneyquels? Never again.

I am enjoying R1 and Solo though - In a Ewoks Caravan of Courage style way.

I am looking forward to the Mandalorian Series though!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Cazza said:

Seriously though, I agree with you. I'm working my way through them in order and the big picture of them all together is incredible. There are bits I don't like in all of the prequels and TLJ, but as a whole, they are amazing.

Solo works really well in the mix, as well 8)

:D

Ive come to live with them and enjoy them for what they are. They are not anywhere near the OT but watching them all helps soften the blow even of there are some bits that i choose to laugh off. Lifes too short, and i cant sit and watch a film with my son and take away his happiness cos im a miserable bastard. Its Star Wars but not the SW i llove BUT in one way im glad its still in the minds of millions of people.

ill never be a rock sold fan of the ST but if you watch it just go with the flow. Leia Poppins, Melted helmets, Parkour over tie fighters and more at least adds a little smile or a wince ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom