Kylo Ren - How did he do it?

f1982

Youngling
Hey guys and girls, my first post here.

There's something that's been bothering me regarding Kylo Ren for the past 2 films, I wanted to see if anyone else thought similar or had a different perspective.

How did he get to be the leader of the knights and defacto leader of the 'bad guys' under Snoke then of everything after Snoke, when he appears (to me) to be so inept and inexperienced?
His personality is that of an immature teenager angry the pretty girls don't fancy him, who has been elevated to deputy manager at a fast food place and loves the power they think they have. His fighting 'style' seems to involve him losing and being on the back foot most of the time. All the iconic images/scenes of him usually involve him recovering a position rather than being dominant, crouching down or on a knee with his light saber pointing backwards. Again, in this latest poster. He's on his knees with his saber flailing behind like he's losing the fight. He always looks like he's being bested, whether mentally or physically.

As a character I think he's great. But his character feels like it should be the understudy, the apprentice to a master who is actually out there playing the bad guy role under Snoke, with Kylo being influential to the plot as a result of him being the 'sidekick' rather than supposedly the main big bad guy of the universe. I wouldn't trust that character to run a lemonade stand, never mind a fleet.
I don't know how in this story he's ended up being so high up to the point where he ends up in charge of everything when he's clearly so inexperienced in all matters except helmet collecting.

Scarmanderg955

Youngling
Have you seen Reylo, trust me girls love him, yeah he came off as an angry emo kid that can't control his temper. The actor Adam Driver can only work with he is given. How did he become leader of the knights of Ren well Snoke, helped him get to that position after he destroyed one of old Luke Skywalker's Jedi temple. You should read the marvel comics to find out more into how he became leader of the Knights of Ren its a good read gives him a lot more character than the movies did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom