Disney + from outside the US

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Looks like we are out of luck until they make it official......they are employing Amazon's approach to detecting VPN's as it's showing the "LocationNotAllowedException", message: "User is not allowed to use the app in their current location." message in web browsers.

Well Disney.....i'd be happy to pay to watch The Mandalorian, but if you're gonna be like this then i'll stream for free!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
It'd be a pretty stupid move for Disney+ not to be available here at the same time as the rest of the world. That said, if they do screw us I'm with you, Rob. :twisted:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I don't see why they can't launch the same time over here, just without the films etc that are tied up with Sky contracts etc. They could just add those in at a later date. Everyone is simply going to stream the Mandalorian from somewhere- they're gonna lose out big time!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
The latest news I have heard is that due to Sky's current licensing deal to show Disney content, Disney+ cannot launch in the UK till the 1st quarter of 2020 when that license runs out. If this is true, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary, it would seem we are being shafted. Whilst the majority of the rest of the world get to watch The Mandalorian from mid Nov we will have to try and avoid spoilers for 2-4 months. **** that!

It feels even more bitter given that fact that I feel this could be the show that starts to bring back those fans who have little to no interest in the goings on of Poe, Rey, Finn etc. I shall find another to watch Mando. Nice one Disney! :roll:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
The latest news I have heard is that due to Sky's current licensing deal to show Disney content, Disney+ cannot launch in the UK till the 1st quarter of 2020 when that license runs out. If this is true, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary, it would seem we are being shafted. Whilst the majority of the rest of the world get to watch The Mandalorian from mid Nov we will have to try and avoid spoilers for 2-4 months. **** that!

It feels even more bitter given that fact that I feel this could be the show that starts to bring back those fans who have little to no interest in the goings on of Poe, Rey, Finn etc. I shall find another to watch Mando. Nice one Disney! :roll:

Thanks for the update Chris. If that is the case then that really does suck i would have signed up to Disney+ for this and still will when it finally launches here. If they don't drop the whole season in one go at least we might get the option to binge watch the whole thing but still i would rather see it at the same time as everyone else.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
31st March :shock: :eek: :? :evil: :roll:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-50344494

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Cazza said:
31st March :shock: :eek: :? :evil: :roll:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-50344494

And a massive **** you to you, Disney! :evil: This is a ****ing joke. Do they really expect god knows how many fans to try and remain spoiler free for nearly 5 months! Congratulations, Disney, you've just created the perfect storm for piracy. :roll:

stormcab

Sith Lord
If VPNs are being spotted, can you use the account of someone who lives in the US? My cousin lives in Vegas, when he signs up could I just ask him to send me his login details and go via a VPN?

TK-7785

Jedi Master
stormcab said:
If VPNs are being spotted, can you use the account of someone who lives in the US? My cousin lives in Vegas, when he signs up could I just ask him to send me his login details and go via a VPN?

Great idea. Can you share the details with all of us when you get them? :wink:

lejackal

Grand Master
Just a word of warning, no spoilers please once you do all watch it, the ban hammer was upgraded at the same time as the forum :D

stormcab

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
stormcab said:

Great idea. Can you share the details with all of us when you get them? :wink:

lol. Surely most of us must have made a friend in the US from being in this collecting game?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
They've dropped a bollock here, I was well up for subscribing, doubt anyone will wait til March to watch the Mandalorean. Pretty shoddy really.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have heard in danish news they use the Netherlands to test disney + in europe. When the test is done then disney + will come to rest of us. I have heard it will come to denmark march 31st 2020 I guess it will also come to uk the 31st 2020 :?

Do any of you know what there will be on disney + ? will we be able to see some of the old cartoon tv series like duck tales, darkwing duck etc. etc. ? :?

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
I have heard in danish news they use the Netherlands to test disney + in europe. When the test is done then disney + will come to rest of us. I have heard it will come to denmark march 31st 2020 I guess it will also come to uk the 31st 2020 :?

Do any of you know what there will be on disney + ? will we be able to see some of the old cartoon tv series like duck tales, darkwing duck etc. etc. ? :?

I know there's quite a lot of old Disney stuff on there also, have a search on YouTube, I think there's a couple of videos about what's going to be on there.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dr_Ball_MD said:
Pomse2001 said:

I know there's quite a lot of old Disney stuff on there also, have a search on YouTube, I think there's a couple of videos about what's going to be on there.

GLucas

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:

Lot of Disney stuff Lars, I had a 7 days free trial here in The Netherlands. The only good about it is the Mandalorian, but if you want to rewatch other SW movies you have a descent database. I am not into Disney so I've unscribed before paying Disney and watch the remaining episodes using other streaming services. :roll: :? 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom