TROS Trailers, TV Spots and Clips. First Full Clip on p2

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Midnight viewing of the trailer? :shock: :lol:

I'm excited but can't be bothered with the midnight viewing, with all the trailers it won't start until 1am, finish after 3am and the closest cinema that does the midnight showing is a 45 minute drive.

It is special though, just ruins me for the next day.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Thought the trailer was OK.

Good points:
The visuals were absolutely stunning and the music was very evocative (Mr Williams does it again).
The space battle scenes look suitably epic and I also enjoyed the Palpatine teases (loved the throne design - great homage to McQuarrie).
I'm still very dubious about the Emperors re-appearance, but there's no denying he adds much needed menace to the proceedings.
Luke/Leia voiceovers. Not sure how JJ is going to pull those particular irons out of the fire.

Meh points:
I'm sorry, but as soon as the new characters appear, I switch off. Bland characters shoehorned into a 'make it up as you go along' storyline.
The only emotional tug is 3POs line about seeing his friends for the last time. Even though he's had next to no interaction with any of the characters, up to this point.
****ing space horses.....again.
All the Reylo bollocks.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
I haven't had quite as much of an issue with recent films as some members and I have tried to give the films the benefit of the doubt, albeit I think they are fairly weak. To me this trailer was a little underwhelming compared to some which have been before, but that may not be a bad thing in terms of setting expectations. I'd much rather an average looking trailer and a decent film that surpasses expectation!

GLucas

Padawan
Looks great at first sight! JJ puts in some classic symbols like the star destroyers, tantive IV and a rebel fleet under command of the millennium falcon.

But than Rey, running like an idiot from one place to another and looking angry? Horses walking on (it seems) a star destroyer? WTF is going on?

I want to see this one in cinema, just being curious. Hope it will not disappoint like TLJ.... :?

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
This looks fantastic i cant wait i must have seen this trailer 40 times today i was not a fan of the last jedi but i really enjoyed this trailer all the rebels coming together john Williams clearly has done it again i do love star wars and the c3po scene touched a nerve i think there might be a memory flash back he is having or something we didn't see in the trailer. I always remember collecting in the early 90s and rumours where there where originally 9 films planned but left it after 3 and then we had the prequels love them or leave them and now the whole saga comes to an end. Or certainly from the perspective of the middle act we all knew and loved i cant wait to see this and hope it can give this trilogy some closure that can satisfy and bring Most star wars fans together instead of leaving it in darkness HAHA.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Really looking forward to this, can't wait to see what it all means, i'm easily pleased when it comes to star wars, glad some of you feel the same

Palifan

Sith Lord
scooternick said:
I haven't had quite as much of an issue with recent films as some members and I have tried to give the films the benefit of the doubt, albeit I think they are fairly weak. To me this trailer was a little underwhelming compared to some which have been before, but that may not be a bad thing in terms of setting expectations. I'd much rather an average looking trailer and a decent film that surpasses expectation!

I feel pretty much the same as you Nick about the new trailer not really having the same impact as the last two film's trailers, not quite hitting the wow factor for me. Saying that though it doesn't necessarily mean that we're in for a bad movie and I've booked my ticket today to go with my son and see it on his Birthday which is opening weekend so I'm looking forward to seeing how this all wraps up.

I'm happy to let this one unfold in front of me and I'm sure it will be entertaining even if it ends up not having a lasting effect on me.

Ian

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
scooternick said:

I feel pretty much the same as you Nick about the new trailer not really having the same impact as the last two film's trailers, not quite hitting the wow factor for me. Saying that though it doesn't necessarily mean that we're in for a bad movie and I've booked my ticket today to go with my son and see it on his Birthday which is opening weekend so I'm looking forward to seeing how this all wraps up.

I'm happy to let this one unfold in front of me and I'm sure it will be entertaining even if it ends up not having a lasting effect on me.

Ian

Definitely a good mindset to go into this film with Ian.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bought my tickets today, Sunday after Christmas.
Something, I hope, to brighten going back to work the next day. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom