I have a confession

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I'm writing this as I sit down to watch Revenge of the Sith for the very first time. :shock:

I can't quite believe I've never seen it but I hated Attack of the Clones so much that I walked out of the cinema disillusioned by the franchise and vowing I'd never watch it. Funny really as so many people say it's the best of the prequels.

Anyway ahead of the launch of The Rise of Skywalker I have decided to watch all the movies in chronological order and tonight is the turn of Revenge of the Sith.

I've finally confessed and I feel so much better. :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Underated, if the first to weren't so bad ROTS would get a lot more love. A lot of fans minds were made up before they watched it.

Did you like it?

Dantooine

Padawan
Considering Lucas wasted the first two movies not actually showing how Anakin becomes Vader this was supposed to be the one. It's laughably bad. Good god, I think it might be the worst of the PT. The damn acting, the nonsense script, what the hell happened.

Tried watching a fan edit of all the prequels and gave up after 10 minutes. Even worse than I remembered.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I found myself enjoying it much more than the first two, but I can't help think that it would have been more powerful portrayed in a similar vain to The Joker, but I'm not sure Haden Christensen has it in him :lol:

The inconsistencies leading to the original trilogy are glaringly obvious too, but at least it brought balance to the force. I'm hoping TROS does the same and erases the bad memories of TLJ.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Dantooine said:
Considering Lucas wasted the first two movies not actually showing how Anakin becomes Vader this was supposed to be the one. It's laughably bad. Good god, I think it might be the worst of the PT. The damn acting, the nonsense script, what the hell happened.

Tried watching a fan edit of all the prequels and gave up after 10 minutes. Even worse than I remembered.

I love that arguement about the acting in the porequels, like Star Wars is best known for its acting! :lol:

As for fan edits, thats half the problem with anything after ROTJ, the fans think they can do better because the films are so important to them.

Each to their own I guess. :)

grinchy

Sith Lord
Glad you didn't hate It, its not a bad movie, the prequals are just not as good as the Original Trilogy, I find myself hardly watching them lately, if its a choice I always go for the OT
They all have good parts, but as a whole they just are not that great, I wanted to love them all equally, but nothing can touch the originals

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
grinchy said:
Glad you didn't hate It, its not a bad movie, the prequals are just not as good as the Original Trilogy, I find myself hardly watching them lately, if its a choice I always go for the OT
They all have good parts, but as a whole they just are not that great, I wanted to love them all equally, but nothing can touch the originals
I like the Tatooine scenes in TPM especially the pod racing, and I love the lightsaber duel. There's much to like about ROTS but I can't find anything to like about AOTC unfortunately

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom