SPOILERS THREAD-The Rise of Skywalker-SPOILERS THREAD

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Darth Bobby
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: SPOILERS THREAD-The Rise of Skywalker-SPOILERS THREAD

Post by Darth Bobby »

Just got back from the cinema, haven’t been on line all week, avoiding spoilers. Absolutely loved it, wasn’t looking forward to it at all. I thought it was great, they put a lot of stuff right. Need to see it again! I feel exactly the opposite to how I felt after TLJ. Good times.

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by jayums »

Second viewing. This time not at midnight. Liked it the first time, loved it the second time. Just a fun Star Wars film - my favourite outside the OT - especially good as it had to go some to undo the damage done by TLJ.

The second time around i I noticed lots of extra stuff (cloning technology for emperor etc). Babu guy was cool. Didn’t even mind the space horses when I realised they weren’t in space. Loved how JJ killed the crapness of TLJ (heroes stick together through movie, hyperspace jumping, rose left behind, Luke catches saber, reference to doing a holdo not working etc).

I found the Rey and Ben stuff worked this time when it didn’t in TLJ. Loved the bit where she tricked the emperor and gave Ben her saber, Emperor stuff all brilliant . Funny C3PO. Richard e Grant was a proper imperial baddie needed to be in TLJ. And the underlying themes were simple and positive. This felt like a Star Wars movie to me (JJ should have done all three as this one crammed so much in and in those circumstances I think he did a great job.

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by StarWarsFan »

Saw it last night thought it was absolute crap.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by StarWarsFan »

_Lee_ wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:00 am
I didn't like it. So Rey is a Palpatine, and took the Skywalker family name. In the end Palpatine wins just by that alone and it completely destroys the Skywalker story and all that happened up to the end of ROTJ. No clear explanation how Palpatine survived and too many plot holes. Basically, if we include these films its the Palpatine saga, but if we ignore it then its still the Skywalker saga. I know why Mark Hamill is so pissed.

Its also like spin the bottle in some points, Kylo dies, Rey dies blah,blah.

For me the sequels don't exist, but hey...that's me :D
I totally agree mate.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You

Stubbs
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Stubbs »

I loved it seen it twice now and my kids loved it and they don't really do star wars but they didn't stop talking about it after they saw it.

It was go go go from start to finish I didn't find myself thinking how long left like in TLJ I didn't want this to end.

I agree with what others have mentioned about Luke's x wing when he raised it with the appropriate music did touch a nerve.

The ending with rey on tatooine was a good final scene for me.

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Cazza »

jayums wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:01 pm
Second viewing. This time not at midnight. Liked it the first time, loved it the second time. Just a fun Star Wars film - my favourite outside the OT - especially good as it had to go some to undo the damage done by TLJ.

The second time around i I noticed lots of extra stuff (cloning technology for emperor etc). Babu guy was cool. Didn’t even mind the space horses when I realised they weren’t in space. Loved how JJ killed the crapness of TLJ (heroes stick together through movie, hyperspace jumping, rose left behind, Luke catches saber, reference to doing a holdo not working etc).

I found the Rey and Ben stuff worked this time when it didn’t in TLJ. Loved the bit where she tricked the emperor and gave Ben her saber, Emperor stuff all brilliant . Funny C3PO. Richard e Grant was a proper imperial baddie needed to be in TLJ. And the underlying themes were simple and positive. This felt like a Star Wars movie to me (JJ should have done all three as this one crammed so much in and in those circumstances I think he did a great job.
Exactly the same for me after second viewing! Love it! Both my boys (13 & 11) were blown away by it. My wife loved it too.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by sparkysx »

I've never considered the prequels and sequels to be canon, so not bothered about these films, the lgbt bit was pandering though.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Bonsai_Tree_Ent »

You'd like it in Singapore, apparently they've had to cut those 2 seconds of hot girl-on-girl action to avoid an adult rating. :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50899836

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Cazza »

Crazy- it was literally 2 seconds and just blended with the rest of the scene.

Anyone seen it in 4DX? Going on Friday 8)
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Ruby2511
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Ruby2511 »

Me and the misses went to see it on Sunday and it was amazing :D :D :D
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Survival kit Chris
Regular
Regular

Post by Survival kit Chris »

How many times can a small band of rebels save planets by destroying equipment that the dark side possess? These movies are garbage and boring that now offer nothing , at least esb gave us a break from this theme until we got rotj. Twice in the original trilogy maintained my interest but now repeating this formula over and over again ? Honestly the movies are dead .

Paul1976
Regular
Regular

Post by Paul1976 »

I went to see the new movie with the wife and kids (12 and 9). We enjoyed it overall, a solid 7/10 on first viewing but I'd like to see it again as the plot got rather confused in places and there was a hell of a lot going on.

As usual, don't compare it to the OT for a host of reasons. It brought the new film trilogy to a semi-conclusion IMHO and looked great on the big screen. I enjoyed seeing some of the old ships and characters in action again and though the sea scenes around the wreck of the old death star were excellent. Hux was a bit corny and as a carreer progression strategy not sure informing the rebels as a spy was a very likely decision. Didn't really see the point of another cutesey droid but the 3PO scenes and memory wiping were decent.

My 12 year old described it as 'brilliant' and definitely going to watch it again as some point.

P

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Cazza »

3rd viewing today in 4DX. Really love this film now- gets better and better. 4DX was fun- some bits are really enhanced with it, but sometimes it's distracting. The film looked fantastic in 3D. Saw TFA in 3D and thought it was very poor compared to the 2D. TROS was totally different though and looked fabulous.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by subzero »

jedisearcher wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:17 pm
subzero wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:10 pm
Rotten Tomatoes currently sitting at 57%, and these are CRITIC reviews ( which are usually much higher rated compared to user's ), my god I can't wait to see where it's going to tank to once USER reviews start pouring in tomorrow. I'm glad this has happened, it actually makes me happy, I'm really looking forward to seeing this film completely fucking bomb.
You probably should have waited for the audience scores before being glad it completely fucking bombed.

Critics 56%
Audience 86%
Lol, you're obviously not aware the Rotten Tomatoes score is clearly rigged. The audience scores everywhere else on the internet is sitting at around 50 - 60%+ ( metacritic and IMDB for example ).

I thought Rotten Tomatoes would be the same but turns out the score has been manipulated with. The 'audience' score only shows the 'verified' audience score ( viewers who bought tickets through a certain channel to be classed as 'verified' ), and then there's 'ALL' audience which includes everyone else's reviews, which are not included in the so called 86% score. A few days ago when you clicked onto 'all' audience the score was at about 70%, but now they've even hidden that so you can't see it ( I wonder why ), the only score you can now see is the 'verified' 86% score.

A score which is rigged anyway, all the way back from 500 reviews up until 50,000+ the score has sat at 86%, and it has not budged not even 1% the entire time which is statistically impossible. It's clearly tampered with and faked. It says volumes when the 'critics' score is extremely low which just happens to be a score that RT can't tamper with.

Rotten Tomatoes is also literally owned by Hollywood, and the guy running it used to be a Disney executive ( go figure ).
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Twin30mm
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Twin30mm »

subzero wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:27 am
Lol, you're obviously not aware the Rotten Tomatoes score is clearly rigged. The audience scores everywhere else on the internet is sitting at around 50 - 60%+ ( metacritic and IMDB for example ).
I've gone beyond caring now, so I find it all laughable.
There's definitely something suspect there. How can the score not change one iota, over the range of 60,000+ reviews.

Some sites are saying that the score has possibly been rigged to match TFAs audience RT score (the dubious highpoint of the trilogy). Who knows.

Can't wait for the inevitable 'tell-all' articles to appear, when all those NDAs expire. Should make for some interesting reading.