Episode 9 for those of us who hated TLJ

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As most of you know I despised the last Jedi. It was an abomination. It ****ed out the window pretty much everything we knew about SW..... you can track in hyper space now, Luke is a whiney wee bitch who just ehh dies cos he does, Mary Poppins Leia, you can run out of hyper space fuel....as well as giving us a truly dreadful film....the shittest chase scene with a massive plot hole (bring in more ships, chase over, you are the Empire FFS), cantor bite, Luke sucking off a space cow, "comedy" with Po and Hux, Rose, that bird with purple hair, rebel bombers that blow up very easily all flying in a nice tight formation, Snook dying, etc etc etc....... And I'm 80%+ not going to bother with whatever they called episode 9. The fact I can't even remember its name tells you how much interest I have taken. Hold on, Rise of Skywalker, right!?

Anyway, for those of you who have seen it, WITH OUT SPOILERS, do you think those of us who hated episode 8 will enjoy this one?
And don't say "of course you will it's SW" cos the last one was apparently SW and I would rather have another unanesthetised root canal than watch that shite again.

Is it a good film? Does it make some form of a mends for TLJ ? Does the plot hold together? Is it full of liberal PC "Woke" nonsense? Will I be back on here calling you all wankers in the unlikely event I watch it? Most importantly does Daisy Ridley get them out? Lol

Answer or thoughts appreciated.

As above, please do it without spoilers as I suspect I am not the only person who is still unsure if they want to see it and giving away any plot points is not gonna be appreciated.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Hard to say really... In a way, it goes too far the other way, trying to 'correct' the 'wrongs' of TLJ. I loved it, but it did feel a little messy. Wraps things up nicely though :) I'll be able to give it a better judgement after second viewing on Saturday. There is an awful lot to take in!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
It's a lot better than TLJ but still a poor movie IMO. Wont say anything more.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
If it's any consolation, you're not the only one not sure if you want to see it. However, I didn't care about spoilers as I had reached the point where I had no interest of love for the characters, found the plot (if you can call it that) all over the place, etc etc so it didn't bother me. I have nothing invested in it. I still haven't decided, but from what I'm hearing about those elements that had made me loose interest already, I shan't be missing much. I might go and see it in the cheap seats if I'm board over Christmas, or else I can probably wait for a stream or download.

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
I found myself enjoying this one way more the TLJ, and left the cinema with a smile on my face. There's always going to be bits where you're not sure why they did it that way, etc, but overall I found this one much better than the last one. :)

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Weas,

I.went last night and then again today. Knowing how much you love the PT im not sure this will appeal to you. I went thinking something.magic happened but instead it's a jumbled mess.

I'll even day AOTC is better :D

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Midnight showing at Vue Stratford Westfield, London actually was not a horrible experience although I remain unsure as to why I needed to see trailers for Mulan and Trolls 3 at 00:20 but hey ho.

I enjoyed the film, having absolutely hated Last Jedi. It was not perfect, far from it in fact, but it worked, and had a lot more emotion than I expected. 7/10 probably.

One annoying character being reduced to almost **** all was a huge blow (lol ) not only to this film but of course Hollywood in general but the lesbian kiss more than made up for my disappointment ( don't think that's a spoiler ), joking aside that was completely unnecessary, too heavy handed and was reflective virtual signalling by the wrong person for the wrong audience but Hollywood just can't help themselves, so sorry PC is there front and centre.

Also One seriously confusing thing about Lando and another character too, but again as spoilers so I can't go into what confused me / creeped me out.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think it's the best one of the new trilogy, sure it has it's faults. I went into it very sceptical, but it grabbed me from the start and kept me entertained throughout.

I have no idea at all if you will like it Weasel. BUT I think you should watch it just so we can all be entertained by your review!!

I actually think I enjoyed reading your posts about TROS more than watching the film. :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
I'm glad I've seen it, I'm glad that's the end of the Saga and I will always wish I'd seen how GL would've rounded it out.
I went in not knowing anything about the plot other than what could be gleaned from the official trailers.
I think you'll view it as a step up from TLJ but equally you'll probably call me a wanker if I say you'll love it. After one viewing I'm putting it n the okay bracket. Not amazing but I didn't hate it.

Good luck either way :lol:

jayums

Jedi Master
I feel the same as most guys above... I left the TLJ screening feeling numb / slightly like I'd died a bit inside, so the bar for this one was low.

Was it a really good film? Nope

Was it entertaining? Yes

Am I too old for new Star Wars films? Probably.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
I thought it was good. A few bits I didn't love but then I can say that about ALL the films I've ever watched, incl the original trilogy. I don't pretend to be a film critic in my spare time but I'm old enough to know what I like and what I find entertaining. My simple brain tries not to over-analyse too much, particularly given these films are meant to be about entertainment and lighting up the amygdala in first generation star wars fans. The £10 ticket price was money well spent, particularly when you think how much a box of crap popcorn costs!!!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Cheers for the replies guys. Sounds like it's better than TLJ, which is not hard at all, but far from a classic. I'll wait and see how I feel over xmas, but I doubt I'll be rushing out to see it.

GLucas

Padawan
Don't bother with TROS if you're too keen on the OT. I want more Mandalorian, more Rogue because they have the feel of the originals. Even the prequels are more consistent and have constructive purpose regarding the Saga.

I don't like the characters of Rey, Po or Finn nor the story lines. They are flimsy without any great fantasy. It's not inviting going to cinema these days knowing that the story line has more flaws than JJ's sun flares :roll: Maybe I watch it in 2020 on a dodgy streaming site, I don't know. But seriously: don't bother... :cry:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Cheers for the replies guys. Sounds like it's better than TLJ, which is not hard at all, but far from a classic. I'll wait and see how I feel over xmas, but I doubt I'll be rushing out to see it.

You lying bastard Weasel. You are sat in the odeon with a popcorn bucket with a hole cut out. All ready to bash one out over Maz. :D :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
_Lee_ said:
weasel said:

You lying bastard Weasel. You are sat in the odeon with a popcorn bucket with a hole cut out. All ready to bash one out over Maz. :D :lol:

Rumbled. Was that you who ran off when I sat down!? Lol

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Just came out of my second viewing... fantastic! Really, really loved it. Noticed so much more, things I wasn't sure about first time, made sense and felt pretty emotional several times. Checked out the cast at the end for the jedi voices- brilliant! Anakin actually says 'Bring back balance, as I once did'. Awesome.

Took my 11 year old and he said it was amazing and in his top 3. My wife thought it was brilliant too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom